POSITION: Program Coordinator, Training
REPORTS TO: LIFT-Chi Program Manager
SUPERVISES: Not applicable
FLSA STATUS: EXEMPT
ABOUT OUR ORGANIZATION
LIFT is a national nonprofit whose mission is to empower families to break the cycle of poverty. Founded in 1998, we have helped 100,000 low-income individuals achieve their goals. Today we connect hardworking parents and caregivers of young children to the people, tools and resources they need. LIFT operates in Chicago, Los Angeles, New York and Washington, D.C., communities with some of the highest rates of concentrated poverty. We help families build the personal well-being, social connections and financial strength to secure basic needs and achieve long-term goals and aspirations, like a safe home, living wages or a better education. To learn more, visit www.whywelift.org.
LIFT is at an exciting moment in its organizational trajectory. We are about to launch a new four-year strategic plan. We are looking for community-centered, entrepreneurial, results-driven, relationship builders who are committed to LIFT’s mission and values.
*During COVID-19, LIFT has transitioned to working and providing services remotely and is committed to the safety of its staff, coaches, and members.
The Program Coordinator, Training is a critical member of the team and works closely with the regional Program Manager to coordinate and deliver high-quality training activities on a regular basis. This includes on-boarding new coaches and supporting existing coaches through evaluation, reflection, and feedback. They also provide direct coaching services to families and leverage that direct experience to foster continuous learning across the organization. This person should not only seamlessly coordinate existing training supports, but also problem solve and improve upon the status quo. They demonstrate an eagerness to learn and support the team across departments in order to build a new standard of excellence for LIFT’s impact.
AS A PROGRAM COORDINATOR YOU WILL:
- Implement training activities designed collaboratively with the Program Manager, including weekly on-going trainings, group reflection sessions, and coach observations
- Coordinate all logistics to on-board new coaches and facilitate sessions
- Complete data quality assurance checks and maintenance
- Oversee and maintain up to date community resources and referrals for parent members and coaches
- Provide direct coaching to parents of young children
- Partner with the National Office as needed to improve upon systems, tools, and resources
- Provide operational support including outreach to families for reminder calls, events, etc.
- Provide support with programmatic special projects, as needed
- Bachelor’s degree and 1-2 years’ experience (or 4-5 years equivalent experience with no Bachelor’s) in resource development and training preferred; experience working or volunteering with low-income communities is a plus
- You center race equity in your work
- You are a skilled communicator and are adept at facilitating group discussion
- You are customer-oriented and approach every situation with a spirit of generosity
- You are detail-oriented and place a high premium on data accuracy
- You are highly organized and possess excellent time management skills; you are able to meet deadlines in spite of frequent interruptions
- You take initiative and have a knack for devising creative solutions to any problem in your path
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment and enjoy juggling several tasks at once
- You demonstrate good judgement and discretion
- You are an experienced user of MS Office (Word, Outlook, and Excel specifically); other systems a plus
- Bilingual Spanish preferred (not required)
Don’t think you have everything for this role but are still very interested? Please don’t hesitate to apply. We’d love to hear from you!
LIFT believes that diversity in all dimensions of the organization supports and bolsters the innovative thinking essential to its success. LIFT does not make hiring decisions on the basis of race, ethnicity, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, socio-economic background, age, disability, religion, political affiliation, or ideology.
WHAT WE OFFER:
In addition to a competitive salary, LIFT provides an attractive benefits package that includes employer-paid health care coverage, a 403(b) retirement plan including an employer match contribution, partial cell phone coverage, and pre-tax accounts for transit, health, and childcare benefits. LIFT also provides a generous paid-time-off policy, including a one-week company-wide vacation over the winter holidays.
Please submit your resume and a thoughtful cover letter with salary requirements.