POSITION: EVALUATION COORDINATOR
LOCATION: WASHINGTON, D.C.; REMOTE
REPORTS TO: LEARNING AND EVALUATION DIRECTOR
FLSA STATUS: EXEMPT
ABOUT OUR ORGANIZATION
LIFT is a national nonprofit whose mission is to empower families to break the cycle of poverty. Founded in 1998, we have helped 100,000 low-income individuals achieve their goals. Today we connect hardworking parents and caregivers of young children to the people, tools and resources they need. LIFT operates in Chicago, Los Angeles, New York and Washington, D.C., communities with some of the highest rates of concentrated poverty. We help families build the personal well-being, social connections and financial strength to secure basic needs and achieve long-term goals and aspirations, like a safe home, living wages or a better education. To learn more, visit www.whywelift.org.
LIFT is at an exciting moment in its organizational trajectory. We are about to launch a new four-year strategic plan. We are looking for community-centered, entrepreneurial, results-driven, relationship builders who are committed to LIFT’s mission and values.
*During the COVID-19 crisis, LIFT has transitioned to working and providing services remotely and is committed to the safety of its staff, coaches, and members.
LIFT’s National Program Team oversees the design, continuous improvement, and evaluation of LIFT’s program model with the goal of increasing impact for Members. The Evaluation Department of the National Program Team aims to foster the highest quality program evaluation across all LIFT sites and programming by 1) designing and implementing tools and systems that allow LIFT to evaluate the efficacy of its program, 2) performing analyses of evaluation data and generating recommendations to facilitate continuous learning into program implementation, and 3) lead evaluation partnerships with 3rd party organizations and/or evaluators to elevate LIFT’s data and learning to the field. Analytical work in the anti-poverty space and more specifically at LIFT has a unique feature: the analysis supports making a difference in the lives of the members we serve.
This is an exciting opportunity for an energetic, self-starter to support and expand evaluation efforts at a fast-growing organization. The Evaluation Coordinator will support the Learning and Evaluation Director with developing LIFT’s internal evaluation frameworks (for Direct Service and Technical Assistance), creating and updating data collection instruments, and conducting analyses of member progress data. In addition, the Evaluation Coordinator will support regional staff with data collection efforts, understanding program performance data, and reporting on metrics for funders.
EVALUATION COORDINATOR, YOU WILL:
Analyze and synthesize data on program performance and trends, and provide research support for Program innovations
- Conduct qualitative and quantitative data analysis of LIFT’s member data – including data on members’ financial circumstances, well-being, and feedback
- Create synthesized program performance management reports on a monthly or quarterly basis that will support decision making by managers in the regions and headquarters
- Provide research support for Program innovations, e.g. group coaching and other initiatives
Create and update data collection instruments, guidance, and toolkits
- Maintain and improve LIFT’s systems and tools, including LIFT’s SalesForce-based database, for data collection, management and feedback to meet needs for program evaluation and program innovation work
- Develop and administer data collection systems and instruments across the organization, including item selection/creation as well as modification of questionnaires
- Manage and create guidance for Program Team staff on use of LIFT’s Salesforce instance, including leveraging existing dashboards, reports, and data as well as developing new tools and interface enhancements
Support evaluation strategy and organizational learning
- Support the Learning and Evaluation Director with conceptualizing evaluation strategy and priority areas
- Support with assessing the organization’s existing program work on an ongoing basis, enabling and promoting a culture of learning, and helping LIFT to achieve its mission and deliver on its strategic objectives
Serve as a liaison between LIFT’s National Program Team and other departments
- Work with LIFT's National and Regional Development Teams on proposals and reporting for grants and other funding opportunities
- Work with LIFT's IT Team on troubleshooting and other maintenance needs in LIFT’s Salesforce instance, including upkeep of fields, formulas, reports, and dashboards
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE:
- A bachelor’s degree and 1-2 years of experience in a research or programmatic role
- Proficiency with analyzing quantitative and qualitative data
- Comfort with and interest in learning new software (experience with Salesforce is a plus)
- Experience working with families with low-income and/or on workforce development and social capital building programs
- Experience working on projects with multiple stakeholders
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Flexibility, patience, and good humor
Don’t think you have everything for this role but are still very interested? Please don’t hesitate to apply. We’d love to hear from you!
LIFT believes that diversity in all dimensions of the organization supports and bolsters the innovative thinking essential to its success. LIFT does not make hiring decisions on the basis of race, ethnicity, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, socio-economic background, age, disability, religion, political affiliation, or ideology.
WHAT WE OFFER:
In addition to a competitive salary, LIFT provides an attractive benefits package that includes employer-paid health care coverage, a 403(b) retirement plan including an employer match contribution, partial cell phone coverage, and pre-tax accounts for transit, health, and childcare benefits. LIFT also provides a generous paid-time-off policy, including a one-week company-wide vacation over the winter holidays.
Please submit your resume and a thoughtful cover letter with salary requirements.