POSITION: NATIONAL DEVELOPMENT MANAGER
LOCATION: NEW YORK, CHICAGO, LOS ANGELES, OR WASHINGTON, D.C. (D.C. PREFERRED)
REPORTS TO: NATIONAL DEVELOPMENT DIRECTOR
FLSA STATUS: EXEMPT
ABOUT OUR ORGANIZATION
LIFT is a national nonprofit whose mission is to empower families to break the cycle of poverty. Founded in 1998, we have helped 100,000 low-income individuals achieve their goals. Today we connect hardworking parents and caregivers of young children to the people, tools and resources they need. LIFT operates in Chicago, Los Angeles, New York and Washington, D.C., communities with some of the highest rates of concentrated poverty. We help families build the personal well-being, social connections and financial strength to secure basic needs and achieve long-term goals and aspirations, like a safe home, living wages or a better education. To learn more, visit www.whywelift.org.
LIFT is at an exciting moment in its organizational trajectory. As we work towards a 5-year strategic plan, we are expanding our team. We are looking for entrepreneurial, results-driven, relationship builders who are committed to LIFT’s mission and values.
*During the COVID-19 crisis, LIFT has transitioned to working and providing services remotely and is committed to the safety of its staff, coaches, and members.
LIFT is seeking a National Development Manager who will increase private revenue and provide outstanding support for LIFT's National frontline fundraisers.
The National Development Manager will empower LIFT's senior fundraisers with the information and tools they need to effectively share LIFT's story with potential funders. Reporting to LIFT's National Development Director, the National Development Manager will partner with frontline fundraisers to ensure that the national pipeline is progressing regularly through strategy meetings, prospect research, meeting prep, and development operations. The National Development Manager is responsible for managing the national portfolio which includes corporations, foundations, and major donors.
AS A NATIONAL DEVELOPMENT MANAGER, YOU WILL:
- Oversee efforts to increase private revenue annually to meet projected goals. Current revenue exceeds $3.5M annually
- Effectively manage CEO and Chief Advancement Officer (CAO) pipelines by overseeing donor engagement, correspondence, and meeting prep; including but not limited to drafting talking points and pitch decks
- Identify prospects, conduct prospect research, initiate and conduct direct outreach and solicitation, independently and/or in partnership with senior leadership
- Develop and maintain a deep understanding of programmatic data, offerings and innovations, and use these learnings to drive and inform fundraiser support
- Track progress to goal and provide guidance to senior leaders on fundraising strategy
- Ensure that Salesforce data is accurate and up-to-date and that fundraisers can improve their work based on data
- Utilize Salesforce database to create records, record cash/in-kind contributions, send acknowledgments, and track actions and contacts
- Edit and draft original content for fundraising proposals, letters of inquiry, and reports
- Collaborate with a team comprised of program staff and CAO to produce rigorous, high-quality funding requests
- Provide strategic critiques of content generated by program staff in order to maximize quality and competitiveness of funding requests
- Manage national grant calendar
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE:
- 3-4 years professional experience including at least 1+ years grant writing experience
- Exceptional written communication skills: capable of producing substantial content on a wide variety of topics in a short period of time; adapts writing style to meet project needs
- Dependable and organized: Ability to meet aggressive deadlines on multiple projects
- Customer service oriented
- Disciplined systems builder
- Experience with Salesforce strongly preferred
- Strong teamwork skills: balances team and individual responsibilities; exhibits openness to others’ views; gives and welcomes feedback; encourages a positive morale and supports everyone’s efforts to succeed
- Commitment to LIFT’s mission and core values
WHAT WE OFFER:
In addition to a competitive salary, LIFT provides an attractive benefits package that includes employer-paid health care coverage, a 403(b) retirement plan including an employer match contribution, partial cell phone coverage, and pre-tax accounts for transit, health, and childcare benefits. LIFT also provides a generous paid-time-off policy, including a one-week company-wide vacation over the winter holidays.
Please submit your resume and a thoughtful cover letter with salary requirements.
LIFT believes that diversity in all dimensions of the organization supports and bolsters the innovative thinking essential to its success. LIFT does not make hiring decisions on the basis of race, ethnicity, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, socio-economic background, age, disability, religion, political affiliation, or ideology.