POSITION: Program Manager, Coaching
REPORTS TO: Sr. Program Director, Stakeholder Engagement
SUPERVISES: Volunteer Master of Social Work student coaches
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
ABOUT OUR ORGANIZATION
Founded in 1998, LIFT is a national nonprofit that empowers families to break the cycle of poverty. We operate program sites in four major cities – Chicago, Los Angeles, New York and Washington, D.C. – where we connect hardworking parents and caregivers of young children to the people, tools and resources they need to achieve greater economic security and well-being. We believe that by investing in families during children’s earliest years, we can break the cycle of intergenerational poverty. To learn more, visit www.liftcommunities.org.
LIFT is at an exciting moment in its organizational trajectory. Having recently launched a new four-year strategic plan, we are expanding our team. We are looking for entrepreneurial, results-driven relationship builders who are committed to LIFT's mission and values.
This role is an exciting opportunity for an experienced clinician to ensure the parents LIFT serves receive excellent support. The Program Manager will manage and scale LIFT-Chicago program, Program Coordinator, Training and Coaches. The Program Manager will manage relationships with Schools of Social Work in order to recruit, train and supervise outstanding Master of Social Work (MSW) students to provide high-quality career and financial coaching to families. The Program Manager will also contribute to improving LIFT’s coaching practice, working in collaboration with Program Managers across LIFT’s four regions and with LIFT’s National Program Team (NPT) to identify and package best practices, both those that emerge through practice and those from within the industry, in order to ensure that LIFT’s services are on the cutting edge of coaching techniques in the sector.
AS A PROGRAM MANAGER, YOU WILL:
- Oversee daily program operations in our Bronzeville Office (remote currently due to Covid-19) and expand LIFT-Chicago’s virtual coaching (telehealth) program
- Supervise (or provide direct supervision for) the Program Coordinator, Training and support in developing and facilitating outstanding trainings for coaches in partnership with the National Program Team
- Serve as an expert resource on family economic mobility via career and financial coaching practices, tools and products for LIFT staff and volunteers as they work with parents
- Maintain strong relationships with local Schools of Social Work to effectively recruit MSW students
- Manage a small caseload (2-3 members) by providing coaching services directly to parents, through one-on-one meetings and/or workshops, to remain grounded in the work
- Provide hands-on ongoing training and supervision to MSW students as part of their licensure program
- Share learnings with local and national program staff to ensure ongoing improvement of LIFT’s approach
- Monitor quality of local program data collection and making adjustments in data collection strategies as needed, with support from LIFT’s National Program Team
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE
- Master’s degree in Social Work plus at least 2 years’ work experience post-MSW graduation required in order to supervise MSWs
- License in Social Work (LSW) required in order to supervise Master of Social Work students (or obtained within six months of hire); Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) strongly preferred
- Minimum 2 years’ experience working or volunteering in low-income communities; experience working with families and in the fields of workforce development, post-secondary education and/or financial capabilities is a plus
- You have a track record as a strong manager; you are able to balance empathy and accountability in order to drive high performing teams.
- You are a skilled manager and leader who is able to quickly identify areas for improvement, based on quantitative and qualitative data, and provide actionable guidance to correct behavior.
- You have experience working with an outcome-based program, using data to drive performance improvement strategies for both program services and direct reports; you actively use data to corroborate or challenge your assumptions.
- You are highly organized and detail-oriented; you are able to execute on multiple priorities and manage multiple stakeholders.
- You are a clear and compelling communicator who enjoys rallying the troops around a common goal.
- Spanish proficiency preferred; at a minimum, the ability to understand and to make one’s self understood to all Spanish speaking individuals
WHAT WE OFFER
In addition to a competitive annual salary, LIFT provides an attractive benefits package that includes employer-paid health care coverage, a 403(b) retirement plan, partial cell phone coverage, and pre-tax accounts for transit, health, and childcare benefits. LIFT also provides a generous paid-time-off policy, including a one week company-wide vacation over the winter holidays.
LIFT does not make hiring decisions on the basis of race, ethnicity, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, socio-economic background, age, disability, religion, political affiliation, or ideology.