The Supervising Clinician will provide support to individuals and their families by coordinating and providing Applied Behavior Analysis, function analyses and assessment, behavior acquisition and reduction procedures, and adaptive life skills. This position is considered a leadership role within Life Skills Autism Academy. The ideal candidate will be able to develop a client's treatment plans, as well as supervise Behavior Technicians, to implement such programs. Behavior Technicians will rely on their BCBA to assist them in overcoming challenges and answering questions about their day to day client interactions. Solid communication skills and openness to feedback are necessary. The Supervising Clinician should be organized and self-sufficient to perform in this role successfully.
Success measures include clinical outcomes, client retention, behavior technician engagement and retention, and overall team performance.
Duties and Responsibilities
Lack of performance, unwillingness to service clients, loss of technicians or clients, or a failure to perform assigned duties can result in disciplinary action, changes in work status, or adjustment in compensation.
- Provide clinical oversight to clientele to drive compliance and retention to achieve optimal outcomes. (50%)
- Conduct initial and six (6) month assessments, which recommend the clinically appropriate number of hours per week.
- Work with parents to achieve the number of hours necessary for the best outcomes for the client.
- Manage and maintain full productivity targets as indicated by center or home-based model.
- Retain 100% of your clients with an NPS of 8 or higher and 50% response rate quarterly.
- Complete and submit all documents the same day as the work performed. Must be in by Sunday night at midnight to count for the following week.
- Train, manage, and retain a team of Behavior Technicians who directly report to you. (20%)
- Conduct a pre-case open meeting with each Behavior Technician to initiate training on the client's Treatment Plan before services begin.
- Provide one hour of supervision/ten hours that the Behavior Technician provides.
- Conduct monthly team meetings with Behavior Technicians to increase training and engagement.
- Retain a minimum of 90% of Behavior Technicians quarterly.
- Engage parents in ABA therapy to improve client outcomes (10%)
- Conduct monthly family engagement sessions with the parents.
- Ensure parent involvement in treatment planning and goal setting.
- Keep parents constantly up to date on the client's progress, as well as treatment planning changes and therapy hour recommendations.
- Develop child-specific behavior plans in accordance with the principles of ABA therapy. (10%)
- Monitor and adjust behavior plans throughout the treatment period in accordance with the child's progression.
- Submit supervision notes daily at the end of each session.
- Attend corporate meetings and training as scheduled. (5%)
- Participate in weekly team meetings with your Clinical Director and fellow Supervising Clinicians.
- Attend Clinical Summits to earn CEUs and hear company updates
- Conduct monthly group technician training.
- Continue training and education to advance knowledge and learning in the field of ABA.
- Promote the growth of Life Skills Autism Academy and assist in the pursuit of business opportunities. (5%)
- Build relationships with current referral sources.
- Comply with all necessary payer requirements to drive referral source satisfaction.
This role is responsible for:
- Leading and maintaining staff by orienting, and training team members;
- Ensuring the daily functions of the team are completed by communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results;
- Managing, coaching, and developing a high performing team that meets agreed objectives, and which delivers best practice results, added value, and continuous improvements;
- Consistently promoting high standards through personal example and roll out through the team so that each member of the team understands the standards and behaviors expected of them.
- Behavior Technician(s)
Key Fiscal Responsibilities
This role has no budgetary control or financial oversight responsibilities.
These guidelines can be used to make a list of qualifications required (or preferred) to perform the job successfully.
- Master's degree or higher from an accredited university in acceptance with BACB guidelines
- Completion of 8-hour supervision course, or willing to complete within first 30 days
- BCBA certification from the BACB, in good standing
- Active state license, in good standing, when applicable
- 1 + years working with children and autism spectrum disorders
- Previous supervision experience, preferred
- Crisis management experience, preferred
Equipment and Technology Experience
- G Suite (Gmail, Drive, Docs, Sheets, Google Meet)
- ABA Platforms, preferred
- iPad, preferred
Knowledge and Skills
- ABA clinical knowledge and experience;
- Demonstrated analytical skills with the ability to synthesize a variety of clinical and social data to determine an appropriate diagnosis, treatment plan and monitor effectiveness of treatment programs;
- Ability to effectively engage in one to one communication with parents and clients;
- Expertise in tracking and ensuring clinical outcomes, progress, and maintaining a high level of compliance;
- Ability to seamlessly transition between strategic and hands-on responsibilities;
- Proven experience and understanding of customer service;
- Works well in a collaborative environment and builds mutual trust and credibility at all levels of the organization;
- Effective communication skills, both written and verbal with clients, internal and external stakeholders;
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and self-motivated to achieve business goals;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Superior skills in time management, observation, and data analytics;
- Proven strong work ethic with attention to detail, accuracy, and quality.
Minimum Competency Requirements
An initial assessment of competency will be completed during the interview period and evaluated on an ongoing basis.
- Ability to follow written instructions
- Ability to use computers and computer/software programs
- Communication skills
The options below best characterize the nature and level of interactions with other people in the course of performing this job.
- Frequent interaction with supervisor, senior leaders, and other teams
The option below best characterizes the level of decision making exercised in performing this job.
- Will collaborate closely with direct leader relative to approval on decisions of significance
- Occasionally making decisions without prior approval from leader
- Life Skills Autism Academy's office hours are Monday through Friday from 8:00 am – 6:00 pm, with primary hours conducted after school hours (3:00 pm – 8:00 pm).
- The work location will vary by client case and include home, community, or center.
- Additional time or flex schedules may be required to complete the above work or meet company objectives.
While performing the duties of this job, the team member may be exposed to a client who exhibits physically aggressive behavior, which can include kicking, pinching, punching, biting, etc. The team member may have to use appropriate behavior management techniques with a client under such circumstances. Such a response requires agility, quick reflexes, and the ability to use physically evasive movement. The team member will be required to stand, walk, sit, grasp, reach, bend, kneel, crouch, squat, hear, type, and write. The team member will also be exposed to normal office conditions and usual office equipment such as phone, computer, copiers, files, etc. The team member must be able to independently push, pull, lift, move, and carry objects weighing up to thirty-five (35) lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include near, far, and field of vision.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, Veteran status, or disability status. This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of qualifications, skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities, or working conditions associated with the position. Centria reserves the right to amend this job description at any time, with or without written notice.