LifeLabs Learning is the source for instantly useful, delightfully unusual, science-backed programs. We teach skills to build passionate and high-performing teams faster.
We're a diverse team of people who care about creating a world where work is engaging and fulfilling by equipping people with life's most useful skills - and we have fun doing it! Learn more about us here!
Our benefits include:
- Full-time Employee Benefits: medical, dental, and vision insurance 18 vacation days, 10 federal holidays, 2 LifeLabs holidays, 2 floating holidays, 1 Values Day, Kind Fridays (employees have the option to end work at 3pm local time on Fridays), and CLean Break (Paid Time Off benefit during the last week of the year), 401K, team profit share, annual Learning FUNd and Learning Days, lending library, dedicated peer coach, ongoing training, biannual team retreats, and more!
- Part-time Employee Benefits: paid sick leave and 1-1 coaching & development
We’re looking for a finance expert and data-loving efficiency builder. Could that be you? Come help us turn the workplace into a practice lab for mastering life's most useful skills!
As our Finance Expert, you will play a key role in getting our financial planning, analysis and reporting caught up to our rapid growth and ambitious vision. We will look to you for insights, strategic model building, data tracking, and guidance through our next phase of growth. Your Role Sponsor will be our Head of Business Operations & Finance.
Finance Expert Accountabilities:
Your key day to day responsibilities will fall into the following categories:
- Financial Planning & Analysis
Purpose: Make sure we are using our money wisely to achieve our business goals, keep our team secure, and set ourselves up for success in the future.
- Develop and maintain financial models and share insights about risks and opportunities.
- Drive budgeting/forecasting cycles and work collaboratively with internal business partners and leadership to create exciting yet achievable goals.
- Help us achieve our mission and vision by tracking financial and operating budgets and forecasts.
- Analyze and explain variances and trends versus Budget, Forecast, and Prior Years.
- Analyze business opportunities, risks, initiatives, product launches, service offerings, new pricing models and make recommendations on the best path forward.
- Monitor spending and cash flow to ensure we stay on budget and have available funds.
- Monitor Accounts Receivable and advise on the collection process, as needed.
- Run ad-hoc data analysis, as needed.
- Delivering accurate budgets and forecasts on time.
- Staying within quarterly and annual expense projections.
- Staying within monthly cash flow projections.
- Reporting & Month End Close
Purpose: Help us achieve our goals through a data driven approach by having solid operational and financial data reporting.
- Partner with Accounting to ensure month end results are accurate and reflect all accruals, reversals, and reclasses.
- Present ongoing financial and operational reports (such as profit & loss and cash flow).
- Provide data and financial visibility to departments and team leads.
- Automate and optimize reporting and data structure.
- Prepare financial presentations for the Board of Directors.
- On-time and accurate financial and operational reporting.
- Successful rating from internal business partners.
- Financial Systems
Purpose: Create a kind and lean Finance function that helps the business achieve its goals and deliver on its mission and values.
- Optimize systems for financial data analysis, reporting, accuracy, scalability, and security.
- Design systems that enable all financial decision-makers to monitor relevant spending and available budgets.
- Ensure that our financial records are accurate, organized, and securely backed up.
- Serve as the primary contact for outsourced financial vendors (including tax preparation, payroll, bookkeeping, and Accounts Payable) to ensure high performance.
- Systems and processes are efficient and values-aligned.
- 4.5 / 5 useability score from system users.
- Achieve 95% accuracy for financial records.
- Special Projects
Purpose: Support the Finance team and grow LifeLabs by applying your unique strengths, skills, and knowledge in ways that align with business objectives.
- Spot inefficiencies and look for opportunities to streamline, improve, and scale our Finance function.
- Assist the Finance team with a variety of special projects with timely initiatives and roll-outs.
- Collect feedback from project sponsors and collaborators.
- Achieve a 100% on-time project completion rate (or provide early notice if you cannot).
- Be able to answer: “I know how this project contributes to LifeLabs priorities and objectives.”
- Each project and initiative will also have its own set of success measures.
Click HERE to find out more about the role logistics and what onboarding/beyondboarding would look like!
Finance Manager / FP&A Manager requirements:
- Strong skills within financial modeling, budgeting, planning, ad-hoc analysis, and reporting to inform decision making for business leaders.
- Ability to work with large data sets and translate complex concepts and metrics into clear insights and action plans.
- Experience with building out financial and operational tools and data structuring.
- Ability to understand accounting entries, make accruals, and reclasses.
- Ability to keep small details from slipping through the cracks.
- Advanced time management and organization skills
- Strong written communication skills (particularly the ability to write clear, playful emails).
- Ability to communicate with clarity, power, and warmth.
- Ability to manage and optimize processes and systems.
- Comfort juggling many tasks, projects, and relationships at once.
- At least 5 years of finance / financial planning, analysis and reporting experience at a medium to large company ($100 million + in annual revenues) including, but not limited to budgeting and forecasting, reporting, analysis, financial modeling, partnering with internal business partners.
- An eagerness and skill in giving and receiving feedback.
- Proficient in Mac iOS, Microsoft Office, Google Suite.
- Genuine care for humans.
- Start date(s): Oct 17, 2022
- Location: Remote (can be based anywhere in the U.S., except Alaska)
- Starting Salary: $110K-$120K
- Starting salary matches your skills and readiness for the role assessed during the interview process.
- Compensation: salary + bonus (Success Share)
- Year 1: 10% of 110K Year 2: 120% of 130K Year 3: 10% of 140K Year 4: 10% of 150K Year 5: 10% of 150K + 2% merit increase
- Our compensation system is transparent and consistently applied throughout the company. As you take on new responsibilities, you can expect a yearly compensation increase, so long as you are meeting the role expectations #AlwaysBeLearning! This translates into a predictable raise up to $105K base salary, after which your base salary will increase based on an annual cost of living adjustment.
- Additionally, you will be eligible to participate in our annual Success Share program which is a 10% bonus on your eligible earnings when we hit our annual revenue target.
Want to know what to expect ahead?
Step 1: Complete the application below.
Step 2: Do a self-led working session to get a sense of the role and give us an opportunity to see your skills in action.
Step 3: Join an interview related to the role, your skills, knowledge, and our company values.
Let’s do this! Come be part of a team where you will learn something new every day, challenge yourself and others, laugh a lot, and make a real impact by teaching people life’s most useful skills.
P.S. Please take the necessary steps to allow list the LifeLabs (@LifeLabsLearning.com) and Greenhouse (@Greenhouse.io) domains so that you receive all emails related to your application process. Also, please make sure to check your spam folder as emails from LifeLabs and/or Greenhouse can be marked as spam. Here are some common allow list solutions to fix this problem.
LifeLabs Learning is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information. We will not have access to your personal Equal Employment Opportunity Commission information during the interview process. LifeLabs Learning is committed to providing access, equal opportunity, and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities. To request a reasonable accommodation, please let us know in your application or email us at Work@LifeLabsLearning.com