LifeLabs Learning is the source for instantly useful, delightfully unusual, science-backed programs. We teach skills to build passionate and high-performing teams faster.
We're a diverse team of people who care about creating a world where work is engaging and fulfilling by equipping people with life's most useful skills - and we have fun doing it! Learn more about us here!
Our benefits include:
- Full-time Employee Benefits: medical, dental, and vision insurance 18 vacation days, 10 federal holidays, 2 LifeLabs holidays, 2 floating holidays, 1 Values Day, Kind Fridays (employees have the option to end work at 3pm local time on Fridays), and CLean Break (Paid Time Off benefit during the last week of the year), 401K, team profit share, Employee Resource Groups, annual Learning FUNd and Learning Days, lending library, dedicated peer coach, ongoing training, biannual team retreats, and more!
- Part-time Employee Benefits: paid sick leave and 1-1 coaching & development
We’re looking for a customer tech support expert with a love for detail and process-building.
As our Product Support Specialist, you will play a key role getting our internal training, user support, and quality assurance testing processes and systems set up to support our rapid growth and ambitious vision. We will look to you for user support, testing, process-creation, and documentation through our next phase of growth and development of a unique-to-LifeLabs user portal. Your Role Sponsor will be our Director of IT.
This role is a great fit for you if you’re excited to bring your customer tech support and testing expertise to a growing product department and would love to collaborate across multiple departments.
You will be the first Product Support Specialist hire and have the unique opportunity to build out our processes from the ground up, working closely with our Director of Sales & Client Experience, Expert Product Manager, Director of IT, our Business Development teams, and our external development vendor.
Product Support Specialist Accountabilities:
1) Portal Support
Purpose: Identifies and analyzes issues, bugs, defects, and other problems., Recommends and facilitates solutions to these issues. Serve as a Portal subject-matter expert for the Digital Learning and Business Development teams
- Become familiar with internal workflows for portal users to be able to effectively problem-solve around existing systems and propose delightful changes that simplify workflows
- Answer questions from internal users on how to use the portal during the pilot phase. Expand to external users beyond the pilot.
- Create and maintain a log of questions and issues that are brought up by any portal user
- When a user brings up a technical issue:
- If the issue is not reproducible, work with the user to gather additional contextual information as needed.
- Expert Product Manager will prioritize and determine if the issue should be addressed in a hotfix (immediate release), the next scheduled release, or in the general backlog
- Document the issue
- Attempt to reproduce the issue
- Provide user support and communicate solution to user
- Share issues with Expert Product Manager (context, how to reproduce, urgency)
- Create workarounds (and necessary policies) as needed
- Create trainings and documentation on new and existing portal features for the Business Development (and eventually the Facilitation) team (eg. onboarding, troubleshooting common issues, etc).
- Meet with Expert Product Manager on a bi-weekly basis to discuss issues and share trends
- Propose, share, and document best practices for internal users as needed
- Meet 100% of portal tech support response times.
- Meet 100% of project deadlines (or provide early warning if unable to meet deadlines on time).
- Complete all assigned tasks with 95% accuracy.
- Receive positive feedback on level of support from Labmates, Role Sponsor, and Project Sponsors.
2) Quality Assurance Testing
Purpose: Create and execute testing plan for new and existing portal features
- Develop and execute the full testing workflow for feature releases in the portal to ensure that all defects are caught and eliminated prior to release.
- Create test plans and test cases including test scenarios, data setup, and expected results for portal features
- Set up test data and prepare system for testing for portal releases
- Perform and/or manage an appropriate level of testing of portal releases
- Investigate, document, and escalate (as appropriate) defects to Product that arise from testing
- Recruit, train, and manage an internal volunteer team of ad-hoc testers
- Identify opportunities to increase testing speed and accuracy
- Assist in data cleanup, portal maintenance, and migration efforts when needed.
- Meet 100% of testing deadlines (or provide early warning if unable to meet deadlines on time)
- Respond to 100% of testing requests (even if we de-prioritize a solve)
- Complete 100% of test cases within a test plan
Product Support Specialist requirements:
- Basic understanding of and willingness to learn about databases
- Experience setting up testing processes and executing test cases to ensure a quality experience
- Knowledge of quality assurance testing principles, methodologies, and procedures in a software development environment.
- Experience reporting, regressing, and reproducing software bugs.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills (particularly the ability to collaborate effectively in meets and write clear, playful emails, tickets, and training/onboarding documentation).
- Comfort juggling many tasks, projects, and relationships at once without losing attention to detail
- An eagerness and skill in giving and receiving feedback.
- Client service skills (including clarity, timeliness, attention to detail, warm and professional communication)
- Self-motivated and adaptable to changes and new systems
- Proficiency with Google tools (docs, sheets, drive, gmail)
- A strong internet connection, a quiet space, and a distraction-free background
- Bachelor’s degree or certification in a quantitative field or similar.
- Experience with an Agile/Scrum development methodology
- Familiarity and experience using SQL queries to answer questions
- Prior experience helping to launch a new product to market
- Knowledge of business contract terminology
- Experience working with Project Management tools (ex: ClickUp, Jira, Asana, etc.)
- Experience working with CRM systems (HubSpot preferred)
- Experience in executive administration, legal, HR, finance, or other professional services field
Click the Product Support Specialist- what to expect doc to find out more about the role logistics and what onboarding/beyondboarding would look like!
- Start date(s): September 12, 2022
- Location: Remote (can be based anywhere in the U.S., except Alaska)
- Starting Salary: $70K-$80K
- Starting salary matches your skills and readiness for the role assessed during the interview process.
- Compensation: salary + bonus (Success Share)
- Our compensation system is transparent and consistently applied throughout the company. As you take on new responsibilities, you can expect a yearly compensation increase, so long as you are meeting the role expectations #AlwaysBeLearning! This translates into a predictable raise up to $105K base salary, after which your base salary will increase based on an annual cost of living adjustment.
- Additionally, you will be eligible to participate in our annual Success Share program which is a 10% bonus on your eligible earnings when we hit our annual revenue target
- Year 1: 10% of 70K Year 2: 10% of 80K Year 3: 10% of 90K Year 4: 10% of 100K Year 5: 10% of 105K Year 6: 10% of 105K + 2% merit increase
Want to know what to expect ahead?
Step 1: Complete the application below.
Step 2: Do a self-led, working session to get a sense of the role and give us an opportunity to see your skills in action.
Step 3: Join us for a behavioral interview related to the role and company values. You’ll also get a chance to tell us more about your skills, knowledge, and experience!
*Note: All live interviews will be recorded and erased after 1 year of the interview.
Let’s do this! Come be part of a team where you will learn something new every day, challenge yourself and others, laugh a lot, and make a real impact by teaching people life’s most useful skills.
P.S. Please take the necessary steps to allow list the LifeLabs (@LifeLabsLearning.com) and Greenhouse (@Greenhouse.io) domains so that you receive all emails related to your application process. Also, please make sure to check your spam folder as emails from LifeLabs and/or Greenhouse can be marked as spam. Here are some common allow list solutions to fix this problem.
LifeLabs Learning is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information. We will not have access to your personal Equal Employment Opportunity Commission information during the interview process. LifeLabs Learning is committed to providing access, equal opportunity, and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities. To request a reasonable accommodation, please let us know in your application or email us at Work@LifeLabsLearning.com