LifeLabs Learning is the source for instantly useful, delightfully unusual, science-backed programs. We teach skills to build passionate and high-performing teams faster.
We don’t view humans as resources; instead, we focus on providing the resources people need to work with meaning. We are a community of lifelong learners who get excited about brain science and research, encouraging our colleagues and collaborators to do their best work, and growing our company with kindness. Our values are proof points of our commitment to creating an environment that is both productive and playful.
Our diverse community of researchers, consultants, facilitators, operators, technologists, and experience designers supports our focus on motivating companies, teams, and people to create a culture of work that brings out the best in their people - just like us! Learn more about us here!
Enterprise Sales Consultant / Enterprise Sales Advisor / Outbound Program Consultant
As an Enterprise Sales Consultant (AKA Outbound Program Consultant) at LifeLabs Learning, you will seek out and build relationships with companies that can benefit from our programs. You will serve as a first point of contact, brand advocate, and thought partner to People Ops, HR, L&D, and executive clients at medium and large companies, helping them transform their workplaces into practice labs to master life’s most useful skills.
Outbound Program Consultant Accountabilities:
- Serve as an internal expert in our target industries, identifying enterprise-level companies and buyers who need our services.
- Start and cultivate relationships with target buyers, practicing a relationship-focused and value-first (rather than pressure-focused and sales-first) approach.
- Partner up with other team members to identify and foster new business opportunities within our existing client-base.
- Work with the Growth & Marketing team to assess our sources of leads and prospects and generate ideas for how to make our business development strategy even more effective.
- Lead conversations with prospective clients (on your own or with other consultants) to learn their needs and propose thoughtful and simple solutions.
- Follow up with prospective clients with value-adds.
- Monitor sales and client satisfaction results and offer insights and proposals to the Business Development department.
- Hold retro meetings with your consulting team to ask for feedback and give your feedback.
- Support the Business Development team by applying your unique strengths and skills in various projects that align with business objectives (e.g., develop materials, present at events).
- Revenue targets for net new engagements
- Client satisfaction scores
- Close rate
- Passing internal observations
- Team member feedback
Click HERE to find out more about the role logistics and what onboarding/beyondboarding would look like!
Enterprise Sales Consultant requirements:
- Track record of success in building and growing new accounts and territories.
- Ability to effectively navigate large, complex enterprise-sized organizations.
- Consultative sales skills (e.g., asking open questions, diagnosing needs).
- A highly self-driven sense of motivation and desire to achieve and surpass measurable goals.
- The ability to deal with and thrive at handling objections on a frequent basis.
- A sharp focus on goals and a belief that disciplined daily, weekly, and monthly activities will help you achieve them.
- Clear, well-organized, and playful written and spoken communication.
- Skilled in using a client resource management tool (HubSpot preferred).
- Time management and organization skills.
Preferred but not required:
- Willingness to travel (once it is safe to do so) 1-3 times per quarter.
- Experience with client accounts in technology, finance, healthcare, or professional services.
- Degree in psychology, business, social work, communications, or a related field.
- Experience working in HR, recruiting, OD, learning & development, or a related field.
- Start date(s): July 11, 2022 (apply by May 23rd)
- Location: Remote (some travel may be required)
- Starting Salary: $110-120K starting base salary
- Starting salary matches your skills and readiness for the role assessed during the interview process.
- Compensation: salary + bonus (Success Share)
- Our compensation system is transparent and consistently applied throughout the company. As you take on new responsibilities, you can expect a yearly compensation increase, so long as you are meeting the role expectations #AlwaysBeLearning! This translates into a predictable raise up to $150K base salary, after which your base salary will increase based on an annual merit increase.
- Additionally, you will be eligible to participate in our annual Success Share program, which starts at a 10% bonus on your eligible earnings when we hit our annual revenue target and increases each year until reaching 30%.
- Year 1: 10% of 110K Year 2: 20% of 120K Year 3: 30% of 130K Year 4: 30% of 140K Year 5: 30% of 150K Year 6: 30% of 150K + 2% merit increase
- Benefits: medical, dental, and vision insurance 18 vacation days, 10 federal holidays, 2 LifeLabs holidays, 2 floating holidays, 1 Values Day, Kind Fridays (employees have the option to end work at 3pm local time on Fridays), and CLean Break (Paid Time Off benefit during the last week of the year), 401K, team profit share, annual Learning FUNd and Learning Days, lending library, dedicated peer coach, ongoing training, biannual team retreats, and more!
Want to know what to expect ahead?
Step 1: Complete the application below.
Step 2: Do a self-led written demo to show off your communication and sales style.
Step 3: Do a live sales demo to get a sense of the role and let us see your skills in action.
Step 4: Join a behavioral interview related to the role and our company values.
*Note: All live interviews will be recorded and erased after 1 year of the interview.
To start! If you're interested: please share your resume, complete the application below, and send us a short video recording (no need for high-quality video -- a cell phone or laptop camera works great) with the answer to these questions, in the order that they are asked (max 3 minutes total). Please show us your natural communication style rather than reading from a script.
- Please share an example of how you grew your book of business in a new territory or industry. What was your goal? What were the obstacles? What did you do? What was the result?
- Please tell us about an interaction you had with a client who was upset or frustrated.
Let’s do this! Come be part of a team where you will learn something new every day, challenge yourself and others, laugh a lot, and make a real impact by helping people master life’s most useful skills.
Want to apply but not sure if you'd be the right fit? If we sound like the right place for you, we want to hear from you. There is no 'perfect' candidate. Everyone brings something different to the team, and our diversity of backgrounds, experiences, perspectives, and identities makes LifeLabs Learning an amazing place to work. We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work and lives in the United States (excluding Alaska). However, we are not able to sponsor work visas at this time. LifeLabs Learning is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information. LifeLabs Learning is committed to providing access, equal opportunity, and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities. To request a reasonable accommodation, please let us know in your application or email us at Work@LifeLabsLearning.com
P.S. Please take the necessary steps to allow list the LifeLabs (@LifeLabsLearning.com) and Greenhouse (@Greenhouse.io) domain so that you receive all emails related to your application process. Also, please make sure to check your spam folder as emails from LifeLabs and/or Greenhouse can be marked as spam. Here are some common allow list solutions to fix this problem.
Please note that the interview and hiring team will not have access to your personal Equal Employment Opportunity Commission information during the interview process. We may not be able to respond to every application, but please know that we very much appreciate your interest and time (and always keep resumes on file for future opportunities).