LifeLabs Learning is the source for instantly useful, delightfully unusual, science-backed programs. We teach skills to build passionate and high-performing teams faster.
We're a diverse team of people who care about creating a world where work is engaging and fulfilling by equipping people with life's most useful skills - and we have fun doing it! Learn more about us here!
Our benefits include:
- Full-time Employee Benefits: medical, dental, and vision insurance, monthly internet stipend for all full-time employees and mobile phone stipend for eligible roles, 18 vacation days, 10 federal holidays, 2 LifeLabs holidays, 2 floating holidays, 1 Values Day, Kind Fridays (employees have the option to end work at 3pm local time on Fridays), and CLean Break (Paid Time Off benefit during the last week of the year), 401K, team profit share, Employee Resource Groups, annual Learning FUNd and Learning Days, lending library, dedicated peer coach, ongoing training, biannual team retreats, and more!
- Part-time Employee Benefits: paid sick leave and 1-1 coaching & development
If you have a love of data and business processes, we’re looking for you!
We’re looking for an information technology expert and data-loving efficiency builder. Could that be you? Come help us turn the workplace into a practice lab for mastering life's most useful skills!
As our Business Intelligence Manager, you will play a key role in getting our data, business processes and system improvements caught up to our rapid growth and ambitious vision. We will look to you for business insights based on expert data modeling. Your role sponsor will be our Director of IT.
A week in the life of a Business Intelligence Manager:
1. Business Process + Data Analytics
Purpose: Collaborate with Labmates as a consultant to the business, applying a strategic approach and focus towards information systems, business processes, and data analysis.
- Design, build, launch, and analyze data pipelines to build the next generation of data tools that generate business insights to help product and business teams make educated decisions.
- Deploy, manage, and own data lakes/warehouses for company applications.
- Develop cost analyses for current and future data requirements.
- Construct dashboards and maintain data infrastructure towards a coherent tech and data ecosystem including backup and recovery.
- Proactive maintenance of cloud environments and other SaaS applications currently in use.
- Complete all assigned tasks with 95% accuracy.
- Score 4/5 for stakeholder satisfaction as Subject Matter Expert (SME) for data analysis and business intelligence.
- Score 4/5 for effective change management.
- 100% on time Data backup and 98%+ success recovery for key systems.
2. Product setup + maintenance
Purpose: Collaborate with Product, IT, and other teams as a cross-functional resource
- Develop and communicate a deep understanding of product and client needs, perform analytical deep-dives to identify problems, opportunities, and specific actions required.
- Develop subject matter expertise in any data needs regarding technology implemented for current and future product releases.
- Translate product data strategy into detailed technical requirements and mockups.
- Create brain-friendly documentation for end-users.
- Internal documentation has a 100% acceptance rate by stakeholders.
- Business Insights feature requests are completed on time (or provide early notice if you cannot).
- Collect feedback from 90% of project sponsors and collaborators.
Each project and initiative will also have its own set of success measures.
Click HERE to find out more about the role logistics and what onboarding/beyondboarding would look like!
- 3+ years in a business intelligence role with oversight of project implementation.
- Strong analytical skills and familiarity aligning with industry-specific business requirements.
- Experience using APIs to connect disparate SaaS platforms and applications.
- Experience with SQL and working with large datasets.
- Experience working with structured and unstructured data
- Experience using R, Python, Tableau, Power BI, Google Data Studio, or any other analytics visualization software.
- Data visualization and data modeling.
- Knowledge of and experience with cloud hosting providers like AWS or Azure and associated services (compute, storage, database, CDN, DNS).
- Advanced proficiency in Excel (pivot tables, V-lookups, graphics).
- Strong verbal and written communication skills especially regarding stakeholder engagement.
- Ability to keep small details from slipping through the cracks.
- Advanced time management and organization skills.
- Strong written communication skills (particularly the ability to write clear, playful emails)
- Ability to communicate with clarity, power, and warmth over phone and video calls.
- Ability to adapt, learn, and stay positive in the face of change and ambiguity.
- Comfort juggling many tasks, projects, and relationships at once.
- An eagerness and skill in giving and receiving feedback.
- Proficient in Mac iOS, Microsoft Office, Google Suite.
- Genuine care for humans.
Preferred, but not mandatory:
- Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative field or similar.
- Prior experience helping to launch a new product to market
- Spot inefficiencies and look for opportunities to streamline, improve, and scale our internal processes through data visualization.
- Ability to suggest new processes and automations to streamline and improve our data storage and exchange practices.
- Start date(s): November 7, 2022
- Remote (can be based anywhere in the U.S.)
- Starting Salary: $110-120K
- Starting salary matches your skills and readiness for the role assessed during the interview process.
- Compensation: salary + bonus (Success Share)
- Our compensation system is transparent and consistently applied throughout the company. As you take on new responsibilities, you can expect a yearly compensation increase, so long as you are meeting the role expectations #AlwaysBeLearning! This translates into a predictable raise up to $150K base salary, after which your base salary will increase based on an annual cost of living adjustment.
- Additionally, you will be eligible to participate in our annual Success Share program which is a 10% bonus on your earnings when we hit our annual revenue target.
Want to know what to expect ahead?
Step 1: Complete the application below.
Step 2: Do a self-led, working session to get a sense of the role and give us an opportunity to see your skills in action.
Step 3: Join a behavioral interview related to the role and our company values. We’ll also perform a Knowledge Test where we’ll ask you to describe some of your favorite theories and studies in areas important to our field.
*Note: All live interviews will be recorded and erased after 1 year of the interview.
To start! If you're interested: please send us your resume and complete the application below.
Let’s do this! Come be part of a team where you will learn something new every day, challenge yourself and others, laugh a lot, and make a real impact by teaching people life’s most useful skills.
P.S. Please take the necessary steps to allow list the LifeLabs (@LifeLabsLearning.com) and Greenhouse (@Greenhouse.io) domains so that you receive all emails related to your application process. Also, please make sure to check your spam folder as emails from LifeLabs and/or Greenhouse can be marked as spam. Here are some common allow list solutions to fix this problem.
LifeLabs Learning is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information. We will not have access to your personal Equal Employment Opportunity Commission information during the interview process. LifeLabs Learning is committed to providing access, equal opportunity, and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities. To request a reasonable accommodation, please let us know in your application or email us at Work@LifeLabsLearning.com