LifeLabs Learning is the source for instantly useful, delightfully unusual, science-backed programs. We teach skills to build passionate and high-performing teams faster.
We don’t view humans as resources; instead, we focus on providing the resources people need to work with meaning. We are a community of lifelong learners who get excited about brain science and research, encouraging our colleagues and collaborators to do their best work, and growing our company with kindness. Our values are proof points of our commitment to creating an environment that is both productive and playful.
Our diverse community of researchers, consultants, facilitators, operators, technologists, and experience designers supports our focus on motivating companies, teams, and people to create a culture of work that brings out the best in their people - just like us! Learn more about us here!
* We are accepting applications on a rolling basis as we are NOT actively hiring for this position at this time. Start dates for the role are likely no earlier than the second half of 2022. Your application will be reviewed in full and you’ll get an application status update within 3-4 weeks.
Account Manager / Program Consultant
We are looking for a passionate relationship builder and leadership development nerd. Is that you? Come help us transform the workplace into a practice lab for mastering life's most useful skills.
As an Account Manager (AKA Program Consultant), you will be the first and main point of contact clients have with LifeLabs Learning. You’ll quickly put them at ease through your knowledge and curiosity. You’ll propose programs that meet their needs, and they will leave better equipped, more prepared, and more excited to bring a great training program to their employees. Once a client's program has launched, you will continue to act as their account manager, consultant, and thought partner - making new program recommendations and helping them get the most impact out of their training.
For you, each interaction with a client will be an opportunity to hone your consulting skills and discover more about how companies work and how people think. You'll have a front row seat to the inner workings of over 1,000 leading companies, and you will develop relationships with their executives and leaders in HR, People Operations, and L&D. When you aren’t consulting clients, you will be working closely with our Business Development team, discussing patterns you’ve observed and exploring initiatives to improve client acquisition, retention, and program impact.
Program Consultant Accountabilities:
- Respond to prospective client inquiries over email.
- Discuss organizational needs and challenges with prospective clients (e.g., manager development, building an inclusive culture, feedback skills).
- Convert prospects to clients by proposing thoughtful solutions to their needs.
- Manage relationships with existing clients, recommending new services and consult on steps they can take to see more impact.
- Identify current and changing client priorities, concerns, fears, and hopes and communicate findings to the Business Development team.
- Execute Business Development events and initiatives, when needed.
- Improve how we communicate with our clients and one another and look for ways to simplify the client experience.
- Lend a hand in special projects and other areas as they pop up.
Click HERE to find out more about the role logistics and what onboarding/beyondboarding would look like!
Program Consultant requirements:
- Consulting and/or consultative sales skills (e.g., asking open questions, framing a conversation)
- Desire to achieve and surpass measurable performance goals, including growing a book of business (e.g. converting prospects into clients, increasing client spend over time, meeting or exceeding revenue targets for client portfolio)
- A highly self-driven sense of motivation
- The ability to deal with and thrive at handling objections on a frequent basis
- A sharp focus on goals and a belief that daily, weekly, and monthly activities will help you achieve them
- Influence skills (active listening, tying a solution to a client’s needs, balancing warmth and power)
- Ability to write clear, accurate, well-organized, and playful emails
- Skilled in using a client resource management tool (Hubspot preferred)
- Time management and organization skills
Preferred but not required:
- Degree in psychology, business, social work, communications, or a related field
- Experience working in HR, recruiting, OD, learning & development, or a related field
- Experience working in a client-facing role
- Experience managing client accounts in technology, finance, healthcare or professional services
- Start date(s): TBD
- Location: Remote (can be based anywhere in the U.S.)
- Starting Salary: $70-80K starting base salary
- Starting salary matches your skills and readiness for the role assessed during the interview process.
- Compensation: salary + bonus (Success Share)
- Our compensation system is transparent and consistently applied throughout the company. As you take on new responsibilities, you can expect a yearly compensation increase, so long as you are meeting the role expectations #AlwaysBeLearning! This translates into a predictable raise up to $105K base salary, after which your base salary will increase based on an annual merit increase.
- Additionally, you will be eligible to participate in our annual Success Share program, which starts at a 10% bonus on your earnings when we hit our annual revenue target and increases each year until reaching 30%.
- Year 1: 10% of 70K Year 2: 20% of 80K Year 3: 30% of 90K Year 4: 30% of 100K Year 5: 30% of 105K Year 6: 30% of 105K + 2% merit increase
- Benefits: medical, dental, and vision insurance 18 vacation days, 10 federal holidays, 2 LifeLabs holidays, 2 floating holidays, 1 Values Day, Kind Fridays (employees have the option to end work at 3pm local time on Fridays), and CLean Break (Paid Time Off benefit during the last week of the year), 401K, team profit share, annual Learning FUNd and Learning Days, lending library, dedicated peer coach, ongoing training, biannual team retreats, and more!
Want to know what to expect ahead?
Step 1: Complete the application below.
Step 2: The LifeLabs team will reach out to you once we have a set start date for this role.
Step 3: Do a live demo to get a sense of the role and give us an opportunity to see your skills in action.
Step 4: Join a behavioral interview related to the role and our company values.
*Note: All live interviews will be recorded and erased after 1 year of the interview.
To start! If you're interested: please send us your resume, complete the application below, and send us a video recording (No need for high-quality video - a cell phone or laptop camera works great) with the answer to these 4 questions in the order that they are asked (max 3 minutes total):
- As a Program Consultant, your primary contacts would be People Operations and HR professionals. What are some common challenges people in these roles face that a Program Consultant would help solve?
- As a Program Consultant you would develop relationships with many different clients. How have you built and sustained relationships with external and/or internal clients in the past?
- Tell us about an interaction you had with an internal or external client who was upset or frustrated.
- Please pick a complex concept, and share it as simply as possible (30 sec)
Let’s do this! Come be part of a team where you will learn something new every day, challenge yourself and others, laugh a lot, and make a real impact by helping people master life’s most useful skills.
Want to apply but not sure if you'd be the right fit? If we sound like the right place for you, we want to hear from you. There is no 'perfect' candidate. Everyone brings something different to the team, and our diversity of backgrounds, experiences, perspectives, and identities makes LifeLabs Learning an amazing place to work. We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work and lives in the United States (excluding Alaska). However, we are not able to sponsor work visas at this time. LifeLabs Learning is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information. LifeLabs Learning is committed to providing access, equal opportunity, and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities. To request a reasonable accommodation, please let us know in your application or email us at Work@LifeLabsLearning.com
P.S. Please take the necessary steps to allow list the LifeLabs (@LifeLabsLearning.com) and Greenhouse (@Greenhouse.io) domain so that you receive all emails related to your application process. Also, please make sure to check your spam folder as emails from LifeLabs and/or Greenhouse can be marked as spam. Here are some common allow list solutions to fix this problem.
Please note that the interview and hiring team will not have access to your personal Equal Employment Opportunity Commission information during the interview process. We may not be able to respond to every application, but please know that we very much appreciate your interest and time (and always keep resumes on file for future opportunities).