Finance Lead/FP&A Manager/
Financial Planning & Analysis Lead/
Financial Planning & Analysis Manager
We’re looking for a finance expert and data-loving efficiency builder. Could that be you? Come help us turn the workplace into a practice lab for mastering life's most useful skills!
LifeLabs Learning is the go-to employee development resource for hundreds of the world’s most innovative companies (like The New York Times, Clif Bar, Reddit, Sony Music, and TED). We offer leadership and people-skills training that blends science, playfulness, and practical tools.
LifeLabs is a fast-growing, values-driven organization (we just hit 125 employees and expect to be over 200 next year). We have a self-accountable, diverse, adaptive, inclusive, playful, and passionate team. Learn more about us here!
As our Finance / FP&A Lead, you will play a key role in getting our financial planning, analysis and reporting caught up to our rapid growth and ambitious vision. We will look to you for insights, strategic model building, data tracking, and guidance through our next phase of growth. You will report to our Head of Business Operations & Finance.
*Note: if you prefer, this can be a fully remote role (with opportunities to see team members in person)
Finance / FP&A Lead Accountabilities:
Your key day to day responsibilities will fall into the following categories:
Financial Planning & Analysis:
Purpose: Make sure we are using our money wisely to achieve our business goals, keep our team secure, and set ourselves up for success in the future.
- Develop and maintain financial models and share insights about risks and opportunities.
- Drive budgeting/forecasting cycles and work collaboratively with internal business partners and leadership to create exciting yet achievable goals.
- Help us achieve our mission and vision, by tracking financial and operating budgets and forecasts.
- Analyze and explain variances and trends vs Budget, Forecast, and Prior Years.
- Analyze business opportunities, risks, initiatives, product launches, service offerings, and new pricing models to recommend the best path forward.
- Run ad-hoc data analysis when needed, and work on special projects.
- Monitor our spending and cash flow to ensure we stay on budget and have available funds, and offer recommendations to #keepitlean.
- Monitor Accounts Receivable and advise on the collection process, when needed.
- Delivering accurate budgets and forecasts on time.
- Staying within quarterly and annual expense projections.
- Staying within monthly cash flow projections.
Reporting & Month End Close:
Purpose: Help us achieve our goals through a data driven approach by having solid operational and financial data reporting.
- Partner with Accounting to ensure month end results are accurate and reflect all necessary accruals, reversals, and reclasses.
- Present ongoing financial and operational reports such as profit and loss, cash flow, ops stats to help LifeLabs achieve its goals.
- Serve as a business partner to the department and team leaders to provide data and financial visibility.
- Automate and optimize reporting and data structure.
- Prepare presentations for the Board of Directors.
- On-time and accurate financial and operational reporting.
- Successful rating from internal business partners.
Purpose: Create a Kind to Your Mind and lean/efficient Finance function that helps the business achieve its goals and deliver on its mission and values.
- Optimize our systems for financial data analysis, reporting, accuracy, scalability, and security.
- Enable all financial decision-makers to monitor relevant spending and available budgets.
- Ensure that our financial records are accurate, well-organized, and securely backed up.
- Serve as the primary contact for outsourced financial vendors (including tax preparation, payroll, bookkeeping, and Accounts Payable) to ensure high performance.
- Automation and optimization is achieved for each potential opportunity.
- Systems and processes are clear/lean and kind to your mind
Collaboration and Accountability:
Purpose: Create a fun and productive environment to help us to achieve our goals.
- Build relationships with internal business partners and outside providers.
- Collaborate with others and create a supportive work environment.
- Embrace LifeLab’s philosophy on self-accountability, transparency and commitment.
- Your business partners rate business relationship with as excellent
- You deliver on your commitments
Click HERE to find out more about the role logistics and what onboarding/beyondboarding would look like!
Finance / FP&A Lead requirements:
- Strong skills within financial modeling, budgeting, planning, ad-hoc analysis, and reporting to inform decision making for business leaders.
- Ability to work with large data sets and translate complex concepts and metrics into clear insights and action plans.
- Experience with building out financial and operational tools and data structuring.
- Ability to understand accounting entries, make accruals, and reclasses.
- Adeptness to work independently and on a team.
- Clear and compelling written and spoken communication.
- Adaptivity and resilience skills, and a general default to curiosity.
- Start date(s): April 11th
- Location: Virtual (can be based anywhere in the US).
- Compensation: $85-120K salary + bonus
- Our compensation system is transparent and consistently applied throughout the company. We have predictable yearly promotions, kind of like a university -- with great work each year you'll graduate to the next level. As you take on new responsibilities you can expect a yearly compensation increase, so long as role expectations are met. #AlwaysBeLearning.
- Benefits: medical, dental, and vision insurance, 18 vacation days, 9 paid holidays, 1 personal Values Day, 1 May Day (Mental Health Awareness Month), 1 Open the Circle Day, 2 floating personal holidays (to celebrate individual cultural and religious holidays), Kind Fridays (employees end work at 3pm local time on Fridays), 401K, team profit share, annual Learning FUNd and Learning Days, lending library, dedicated peer coach, ongoing training, and biannual team retreats.
Want to know what to expect ahead?
Step 1: Complete the application below.
Step 2: Do a self-led demo to get a sense of the role and give us an opportunity to see your skills in action.
Step 3: Join an interview related to the role, your skills, knowledge, and our company values.
To start! If you're interested: please send us your resume and complete the application below.
Let’s do this! Come be part of a team where you will learn something new every day, challenge yourself and others, laugh a lot, and make a real impact by helping people master life’s most useful skills.
Want to apply but not sure if you'd be the right fit? If we sound like the right place for you, we want to hear from you. There is no 'perfect' candidate. Everyone brings something different to the team, and our diversity of backgrounds, experiences, perspectives, and identities makes LifeLabs Learning an amazing place to work. We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work and lives in the United States. However, we are not able to sponsor work visas at this time. LifeLabs Learning is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information. LifeLabs Learning is committed to providing access, equal opportunity, and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities. To request a reasonable accommodation, please let us know in your application or email us at Work@LifeLabsLearning.com
P.S. Please take the necessary steps to allow list the LifeLabs (@LifeLabsLearning.com) and Greenhouse (@Greenhouse.io) domain so that you receive all emails related to your application process. Also, please make sure to check your spam folder as emails from LifeLabs and/or Greenhouse can be marked as spam. Here are some common allow list solutions to fix this problem.
Please note that the interview and hiring team will not have access to your personal Equal Employment Opportunity Commission information during the interview process. We may not be able to respond to every application, but please know that we very much appreciate your interest and time (and always keep resumes on file for future opportunities).