Facilitator / Leadership Trainer (Part-time)
Calling the world’s best trainers, speakers, and facilitators. Do you have a love of teaching and want the flexibility of a part-time role? We’re looking for part-time leadership trainers to help us transform the workplace into a practice lab for mastering life's most useful skills.
LifeLabs Learning is the go-to employee development resource for hundreds of the world’s most innovative companies (like Warby Parker, The New York Times, Clif Bar, Reddit, Sony Music, and TED). We offer manager and people-skills training that blends science and practical tools.
Our team is a diverse, close-knit group of researchers, consultants, and experience designers. We get excited about brain science, encourage each other to improve, give frequent feedback, make each other laugh, and have one another’s backs. Learn more about us here!
What to expect as a part-time Facilitator / Leadership Trainer:
- You will have approximately two weeks to learn and become internally certified in the first two out of a series of five workshops focused on leadership, communication, inclusion, and productivity skills. There will be additional learning time provided with each workshop you're asked to learn.
- You’ll lead 0-30 workshops per month (depending on our client demand and your interest and availability).
- You will teach executives, managers, teams, and individual contributors.
- Currently, all workshops are offered virtually only - though in the future, we may also have opportunities to deliver workshops in-person.
- Workshops are scheduled Monday - Thursday (workshops are 2 hours each, and you will teach no more than 3 per day).
Click HERE to find out more about the role logistics and what onboarding/beyondboarding would look like!
Part-time Facilitator / Leadership Trainer requirements:
- Passion for learning
- Adult teaching skills and strong facilitation skills
- Strong knowledge of psychology
- Understanding of empirical research methods
- For virtual workshops: A strong internet connection, a quiet space, and a distraction-free background
Preferred but not mandatory:
- Management or leadership experience
- Graduate degree
- Experience in a client-facing role
- Experience working in or with start-ups
- Start date(s): June 13, 2022
- We are accepting applications on a rolling basis for the Leadership Trainer part-time role as we are NOT actively hiring for this position at this time. Applications for this role will likely be reviewed starting in late March or early April when we are closer to the start date.
- Location: Remote (can be based anywhere in the U.S.)
- Compensation: The pay rate is $400 per client workshop
- Benefits: paid sick leave and 1-1 coaching and development
- We ask for a minimum availability of 8 hours per week, capped at 30 hours per week
- This is a part-time role with no guarantee of regular hours (some months might be busy, some months might be very light or have no bookings)
Want to know what to expect ahead?
Step 1: Complete the application below.
Step 2: Do a work demo to get a sense of the role and give us an opportunity to see your skills in action.
Step 3: Join us for a Knowledge Test where we’ll ask you to describe some of your favorite theories and studies in areas important to our field.
Step 4: Join a behavioral interview related to the role and our company values.
*Note: All live interviews will be recorded and erased after 1 year of the interview.
To start! If you're interested: please send us your resume, complete the application below, and submit the following video:
We’d love to get a sense of your delivery style and give you a glimpse at the role (please don't create a presentation/slide show). Please submit a video of yourself facilitating (not reading!) the mini Habit Skills workshop below. It should be no more than 2 minutes long and follow the structure outlined below. You do not have to use the script word for word, just be sure to hit all the key points. No need for a high-quality video - a cell phone or laptop camera works great.
LifeLabs' facilitation style is to deliver high-impact research that is immediately actionable and expertise in an engaging and playful way. Here is a video example of what we're looking for. Lastly, check out our About page to get a sense of what credibility and play look like and our blog, which illustrates what 'immediately actionable' means to us.
Hi! My name is ______.
I’m excited to talk to you today about habits / share some ideas about habits and share a tip called ‘micro-stepping.’
What is a habit?
- Neural pathway used often → leading to automated behavior
- No need to think about it
Why do habits matter?
- Most of our actions are automatic
- Learn to engineer habits → learn to engineer life / you are your habits!
How do you start a habit? Try micro-stepping!
- Think of a habit you want to have [example: workout everyday, or use your own example]
- Break it down into a micro-step: a portion of the full habit that takes a ridiculously small amount of time/energy
- Repeat the micro-step every day for a month [example: micro-step = do 1 push up every morning, or use your own example]
[Wrap up e.g., explain why this works, pick an ending statement]
Let’s do this! Come be part of a team where you will learn something new every day, challenge yourself and others, laugh a lot, and make a real impact by helping people master life’s most useful skills.
Want to apply but not sure if you'd be the right fit? If we sound like the right place for you, we want to hear from you. There is no 'perfect' candidate. Everyone brings something different to the team, and our diversity of backgrounds, experiences, perspectives, and identities makes LifeLabs Learning an amazing place to work. We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work and lives in the United States. However, we are not able to sponsor work visas at this time. LifeLabs Learning is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information. LifeLabs Learning is committed to providing access, equal opportunity, and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities. To request a reasonable accommodation, please let us know in your application or email us at Work@LifeLabsLearning.com
P.S. Please take the necessary steps to allow list the LifeLabs (@LifeLabsLearning.com) and Greenhouse (@Greenhouse.io) domain so that you receive all emails related to your application process. Also, please make sure to check your spam folder as emails from LifeLabs and/or Greenhouse can be marked as spam. Here are some common allow list solutions to fix this problem.
Please note that the interview and hiring team will not have access to your personal Equal Employment Opportunity Commission information during the interview process. We may not be able to respond to every application, but please know that we very much appreciate your interest and time (and always keep resumes on file for future opportunities).