Calling the world’s best trainers, speakers, and facilitators. We’re looking for a passionate trainer to help us transform the workplace into a practice lab for mastering life's most useful skills.
LifeLabs Learning is the go-to employee development resource for hundreds of the world’s most innovative companies (like Warby Parker, The New York Times, Clif Bar, Reddit, Sony Music, and TED). We offer manager and people-skills training that blends science and practical tools.
Our team is a diverse, close-knit group of researchers, consultants, and experience designers. We get excited about brain science, encourage each other to improve, give frequent feedback, make each other laugh, and have one another’s backs. Learn more about us here!
A week in the life of a LifeLabs Facilitator / Leadership Trainer:
- You’ll spend your week training executives, managers, and individual contributors in leadership, communication, and inclusion skills.
- Anticipate leading workshops Monday - Thursday (workshops are 2 hours each, and you will teach no more than 3 per day).
- Fridays are our (training-free) Team Days when we meet to learn from one another, connect, collaborate, and come up with puns.
- Approximately 10% of your time will also go toward helping LifeLabs grow and excel in ways that match your strengths, perspectives, and ambitions (e.g., consulting, conducting research, publishing articles).
Click HERE to find out more about the role logistics and what onboarding/beyondboarding would look like!
LifeLabs Facilitator / Leadership Trainer requirements:
- Passion for learning
- Adult teaching skills and strong facilitation skills
- Strong knowledge of psychology
- Understanding of empirical research methods
- For virtual workshops: A strong internet connection, a quiet space, and a distraction-free background
- For in-person workshops: All of our workshops are currently virtual, but once we go back in-person, you will be required to teach in-person.
Preferred but not mandatory:
- Management or leadership experience
- Graduate degree
- Experience in a client-facing role
- Experience working in or with start-ups
- Start date(s): February 14, 2022
- Location: San Francisco, CA
- Compensation: $120-150K salary + bonus (with predictable promotion + compensation increase).
- Our compensation system is transparent and consistently applied throughout the company. We have predictable yearly promotions, kind of like a university -- with great work each year you'll graduate to the next level. As you take on new responsibilities you can expect a yearly compensation increase, so long as role expectations are met. #AlwaysBeLearning.
- Benefits: medical, dental, and vision insurance, 18 vacation days, 9 paid holidays, 1 personal Values Day, 1 May Day (Mental Health Awareness Month), 1 Open the Circle Day, 2 floating personal holidays (to celebrate individual cultural and religious holidays), Kind Fridays (employees end work at 3pm local time on Fridays), 401K, team profit share, annual Learning FUNd and Learning Days, lending library, dedicated peer coach, ongoing training, and biannual team retreats.
Want to know what to expect ahead?
Step 1: Complete the application below.
Step 2: Do a work demo to get a sense of the role and give us an opportunity to see your skills in action.
Step 3: Join us for a Knowledge Test where we’ll ask you to describe some of your favorite theories and studies in areas important to our field.
Step 4: Join a behavioral interview related to the role and our company values.
*Note: All live interviews will be recorded and erased after 1 year of the interview.
To start! If you're interested: please send us your resume, complete the application below, and submit the following video:
We’d love to get a sense of your delivery style and give you a glimpse at the role (please don't create a presentation/slide show). Please submit a video of yourself teaching (not reading!) the mini Habit Skills workshop below. It should be no more than 2 minutes long and follow the structure outlined here. You do not have to memorize the script word for word, just be sure to hit all the key points. No need for a high-quality video - a cell phone or laptop camera works great. Lastly, the LifeLabs facilitation style is to deliver high-impact research and expertise in an engaging (and playful!) way. Feel free to check out our website for more inspiration.
Hi! My name is ______.
I’m excited to talk to you today about habits / share some ideas about habits and share a tip called ‘micro-stepping.’
What is a habit?
- Neural pathway used often → leading to automated behavior
- No need to think about it
Why do habits matter?
- Most of our actions are automatic
- Learn to engineer habits → learn to engineer life / you are your habits!
How do you start a habit? Try micro-stepping!
- Think of a habit you want to have [example: workout everyday, or use your own example]
- Break it down into a micro-step: a portion of the full habit that takes a ridiculously small amount of time/energy
- Repeat the micro-step every day for a month [example: micro-step = do 1 push up every morning, or use your own example]
[Wrap up e.g., explain why this works, pick an ending statement]
Let’s do this! Come be part of a team where you will learn something new every day, challenge yourself and others, laugh a lot, and make a real impact by helping people master life’s most useful skills.
Want to apply but not sure if you'd be the right fit? If we sound like the right place for you, we want to hear from you. There is no 'perfect' candidate. Everyone brings something different to the team, and our diversity of backgrounds, experiences, perspectives, and identities makes LifeLabs Learning an amazing place to work. We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work and lives in the United States. However, we are not able to sponsor work visas at this time. LifeLabs Learning is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information. LifeLabs Learning is committed to providing access, equal opportunity, and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities. To request a reasonable accommodation, please let us know in your application or email us at Work@LifeLabsLearning.com
P.S. Please take the necessary steps to allow list the LifeLabs (@LifeLabsLearning.com) and Greenhouse (@Greenhouse.io) domain so that you receive all emails related to your application process. Also, please make sure to check your spam folder as emails from LifeLabs and/or Greenhouse can be marked as spam. Here are some common allow list solutions to fix this problem.
Please note that the interview and hiring team will not have access to your personal Equal Employment Opportunity Commission information during the interview process. We may not be able to respond to every application, but please know that we very much appreciate your interest and time (and always keep resumes on file for future opportunities).