We are looking for a consultative sales pro and leadership development buff. Is that you?
Come help us transform the workplace into a dojo for mastering life's most useful skills.
LifeLabs Learning specializes in leadership development for the world’s most innovative companies (like Etsy, ZocDoc, Lyft, Reddit, and Warby Parker). We offer training for managers executives, and individual contributors that blends psychology and practical tools.
Our team is a diverse, distributed but close-knit group of psychologists, researchers, consultants, and experience designers. We obsess about brain science, challenge each other to improve, give frequent feedback, make each other laugh, and have one another’s backs. Our offices are in NYC and SF, and we’re hiring in either location.
As Director of Sales & Consulting, your mission would be to grow our revenue and impact, while creating a remarkable client experience. Your time would be split between three buckets:
1. Team Development
Help the client advising team become world-class consultants. Facilitate team bonding and knowledge sharing across this passionate, kind, and playful (geographically distributed) team.
- Coach, advise, give feedback, and set priorities within the sales & consulting team.
- Partner with the Product Department to develop internal team training based on program knowledge, consulting skills, consultative sales skills, and organizational development knowledge.
- Deliver internal training (and eventually oversee other internal trainers).
- Assess skill and knowledge by tracking metrics and observing performance (and eventually train others to do the same).
- Interview candidates and make hiring decisions.
- Onboard new hires.
- Partner with People Operations to continually optimize the department's onboarding experience.
- Track individual utilization rates to determine when it’s time to hire or re-distribute work.
KPIs: employee utilization rate, employee engagement, onboarding satisfaction, employee development
2. Sales Strategy
Oversee strategy to grow conversion and revenue by effectively diagnosing and meeting client needs.
- Partner with CEO to set revenue targets and communicate targets to team.
- Develop strategies and tactics to meet revenue goals.
- Optimize and oversee sales data tracking to increase predictability.
- Assess impact of tactics and initiatives.
- Set and communicate revenue projections.
- Partner with Product and Marketing to develop materials that support client trust and education (e.g., workshop descriptions, sales scripts, testimonials).
- Partner with Marketing to optimize cadence and content of client communication.
- Segment clients and determine sales & consulting strategies for each segment.
- Determine levels of service provided to each client category.
- Create and scale internal systems and infrastructure to support growth.
- Flag interdepartmental issues and recommend opportunities for improvement.
- Partner with other departments to advise on organizational growth and strategy.
- Continuously update your knowledge to be able to perform your role with excellence and educate everyone on the sales & consulting team.
KPIs: new business close rate, client churn, client spend, client lifetime value
3. Client Experience
Earn client love by creating an enjoyable and smooth client experience (from first contact and beyond).
- Oversee and optimize the entire client experience, finding ways to simplify complexity, deepen our relationships, and add meaningful value.
- Optimize systems for prospect and client management.
- Track client satisfaction and report results to the entire team.
- Develop and execute on strategies for improving client satisfaction.
- Coach, mentor, give feedback, and set priorities for the BizOps Coordinator.
KPIs: Net promoter score, post-program client satisfaction score
Director of Sales & Consulting Pre-reqs:
- Experience leading consulting and/or consultative sales teams.
- Experience optimizing and scaling systems and processes.
- Ability to create and deliver training programs.
- Track record of setting and meeting revenue targets.
- Knowledge of consulting techniques and tools.
- Knowledge of consultative sales techniques and tools.
- Project management skills.
- Clear and compelling written communication.
- Familiarity with organizational development, HR, people operations, learning & development, and leadership development concepts.
- Knowledge of business intelligence tools, data analytics, and data visualization.
- Experience working in the tech industry.
- Experience working in a rapid growth environment.
Let's do this! Come be part of a team where you will learn something new every day, push yourself, push others, laugh a lot, and make a real impact by helping people master life’s most useful skills.
Start date: April 2019 | Location: NYC or SF | Benefits: medical & dental insurance, 37 days paid time off (18 PTO, 1 values day, 9 holidays, 9 sick days), bonus, $1K annual Learning FUNd, lending library, dedicated peer coach, biannual team retreats
If you are interested: please apply with your resume and a cover letter, including what interests you about the Director of Sales & Consulting position, how your skills and experiences align, and your desired salary range.
We may not be able to respond to every application, but please know that we very much appreciate your interest and time (and always keep resumes on file for future opportunities).