Calling the world’s best trainers, professors, and facilitators. We’re looking for a passionate trainer to help us create life-changing learning and transform the workplace into a dojo for mastering life's most useful skills.
A week in the life of a LifeLabs trainer:
- You’ll spend your week training executives, managers, and individual contributors in leadership, communication, and productivity skills.
- Anticipate leading workshops Monday - Thursday (workshops are 2 hours each, and you will teach no more than 3 per day).
- Fridays are our (training-free) team days when we meet to learn from one another, connect, collaborate, and come up with puns.
- When you're not teaching, you'll be busy advising some of the world’s most innovative tech companies.
- Approximately 10% of your time will also go toward helping LifeLabs grow and excel in ways that match your strengths, perspectives, and ambitions (e.g., consulting, engineering new workshops, conducting research, publishing articles).
About the team: We are a diverse, close-knit group of psychology researchers, trainers, consultants, and experience designers. We obsess about brain science and making training memorable, push each other to improve, give frequent feedback, make each other laugh, and have one another's backs. Learn more about us here!
LifeLabs trainer pre-reqs:
- Passion for learning, graduate degree preferred
- Training experience and strong facilitation skills
- Advanced knowledge of psychology
- Research experience
- Management or leadership experience
- Experience in a client-facing role
- Experience working in or with start ups
Want to apply but not sure if you're perfectly qualified or that you'd be the right fit? One of our core values is to choose courage over comfort. If we sound like the right place for you, we want to hear from you. There is no 'perfect' candidate. Everyone brings something different to the team, and our diversity of backgrounds, perspectives and identities makes LifeLabs an amazing place to learn, collaborate, and bring your real self to work.
Let's do this! Come be part of a team where you will learn something new every day, push yourself, push others, laugh a lot, and make a real impact by helping people master life’s most useful skills.
Start date: TBD 2020
Location: South Bay and/or San Francisco
If you are interested: please send us your CV and a short video of yourself teaching or presenting.
If you do not have a video, please make a 1 minute video to give us a sense of your style.
No need for high-quality video (a cell phone or laptop camera works great). The video topic can be anything you'd like that gives us a sense of how you present, for example: a short overview of your favorite concept in psychology; a management challenge you faced and how you resolved it; how you became interested in your field.
Please note that the interview and hiring team will not have access to your personal EEOC information during the interview process.
We may not be able to respond to every application, but please know that we very much appreciate your interest and time (and always keep resumes on file for future opportunities).