We are looking for a passionate relationship builder and leadership development buff. Is that you? Come help us transform workplaces into a dojos for mastering life's most useful skills.
LifeLabs Learning is the go-to leadership development resource for the world’s most innovative companies (like Etsy, ZocDoc, Lyft, Reddit, and Warby Parker). We offer manager, executive, and individual contributor training that blends psychology, practice, and practical tools.
Our team is a diverse, close-knit group of psychologists, researchers, consultants, and experience designers. We obsess about brain science, challenge each other to improve, give frequent feedback, make each other laugh, and have one another’s backs. Our offices are in NYC and SF, and we’re hiring in either location.
As an Organizational Consultant (aka Program Consultant), you will be the first point of contact clients have with LifeLabs Learning. You’ll quickly put them at ease through warmth, competence, knowledge, and genuine curiosity. You’ll propose programs that meet their needs, and they will walk away feeling smarter, more prepared, and even more excited to bring a great training program to their employees. Once a client's program has launched, you will continue to act as their account manager, consultant, and thought partner - making program recommendations and helping them get the most impact out of their training initiatives.
For you, each interaction with a client will be an opportunity to hone your consulting skills and discover more about how companies work and how people think. You'll have a front row seat to the inner workings of over 400 leading companies, and you will forge relationships with their executives and heads of HR, People Operations, and L&D.
When you aren’t consulting clients, you will be working closely with our BD and Impact teams, discussing patterns you’ve observed and exploring initiatives to improve client acquisition, retention, and program impact. The rest of the team will serve as collaborators and mentors, helping you turn your role into the best growth opportunity of your career.
A week in the life of a Organizational Consultant / Account Manager:
- Respond to prospective client inquiries over email.
- Discuss organizational needs and challenges with prospective clients.
- Convert prospects to clients by proposing thoughtful solutions to their needs.
- Own the logistics of client onboarding (e.g., send workshop descriptions, select dates, introduce clients to facilitators).
- Manage relationships with existing clients, recommending new services and consulting on steps they can take to see more impact.
- Deeply understand current and changing client priorities, concerns, fears, and hopes and communicate findings to the team.
- Support the production of business development events and initiatives.
- Lend a hand in special projects and other areas as they pop up.
Organizational Consultant / Account Manager Pre-reqs:
- Degree in organizational psychology and/or 1-4 years experience in HR, learning & development, organizational development, or a related field
- Experience working in a client-facing role
- Knowledge of consulting techniques (e.g., asking open questions, framing a conversation)
- Strong written communication skills (particularly the ability to write clear and playful emails)
- Time management and organization skills
- Bonus: experience working in the tech industry
Let's do this! Come be part of a team where you will learn something new every day, push yourself, push others, laugh a lot, and make a real impact by helping people master life’s most useful skills.
Start date: August 2019
Compensation: $50K - $80K, depending on experience + medical & dental insurance + 24 PTO days, 401K, $1,000 annual Learning FUNd, and a dedicated peer coach.
If you are interested: please send us your resume and a cover letter, including what interests you about the Organizational Consultant / Account Manager position and how your skills and experiences align with the role.
We may not be able to respond to every application, but please know that we very much appreciate your interest and time (and always keep resumes on file for future opportunities).