Life House Hotels – Asset Management
The Director will report to the Vice President of Asset Management and will focus on onboarding new hotels into the Life House portfolio, monitoring and reporting to hotel Ownership on hotel performance, identifying potential issues and opportunities for value enhancement, and assisting the team with the development of hotel annual plans.
As a leader on both the Asset Management team and within Life House, input into how to progress overall company strategy and vision is both encouraged and expected. Contributing to OKRs (Objectives, Key Results) and new SOPs (Statement of Purpose) occur quarterly. Input into how the Asset Management team can provide a better overall experience to our Hotel Ownership groups will largely stem from feedback and suggestions from the VP. The Director position will influence the day-to-day operations of the Revenue Management, Finance, and Strategy and Operations teams.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Work closely with Life House’s Acquisitions team to identify potential new properties & ensure a seamless hotel transition process.
- Develop annual plans for our portfolio, ensuring that annual property budgets tie directly to the initial underwriting prepared by the Underwriting & Analysis team.
- Onboard new hotels into the Life House portfolio, monitoring and reporting on property performance, and identifying potential issues & opportunities for value enhancement.
- Act as the liaison between Ownership Groups and Life House’s Growth and Operations teams, managing the relationship, providing monthly property-level performance reports and scheduling weekly touch-points during the hotel transition phase to ensure alignment.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Bachelor’s degree and [4-6] years of investment banking, real estate (acquisitions and/or asset management), and/or hotel operations experience
- A strong existing understanding of hotel operations and the hotel P&L, while acknowledging that the industry standard today is suboptimal & that we can add value by doing things differently
- Experience working in a fast-paced, collaborative, and entrepreneurial environment
- Executive-level written and verbal communication skills, including an in-depth understanding of hotel industry jargon (critical for effective communication with existing hotel owners)
- Ability to learn and adapt quickly (including efficiently ramping-up on our products & services)
- Highly organized and autonomous, with effective time management skills
- Proficiency in Excel (financial & business case modeling), Google-Suite, and Asana (preferred)
- Willingness to travel 15-20% of the time, although we’re big believers in video calls