WHO WE ARE:
Life House is a venture-backed, vertically integrated hotel brand, operator and technology company. We develop, design, and operate boutique lifestyle hotels with a mission to make travel more meaningful and reliable for travelers, and to make hotels more seamless and more profitable for owners. We recently raised our Series C and are experiencing exciting growth! We are looking for great talent to join our award winning in-house design team.
We are looking for a Interior Design Intern to assist with the interior design execution of upcoming Life House branded properties as well as independently branded hotels and restaurants. The Interior Design Intern will be responsible for following brand guidelines, client and operational needs. This role works closely with Senior Interior Designers & Intermediate Interior Designers to ensure success.
This position requires a well-rounded individual who can support the Design team from concept phase through construction administration. We seek candidates who are positive and motivated, eager to collaborate with colleagues, and skilled at giving and receiving feedback.
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE:
- Organized. Able to multitask and keep various work streams on track (ideally with Asana)
- Ambitious. You are eager to make an impact, not just clock in and out. You thrive in a fast-moving, dynamic, hyper-growth start-up environment and are able to adapt accordingly.
- Tastemaker. You are excited about designing in the Life House aesthetic as well as understanding the client’s vision for independent brands.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Passionate about design.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Ordering memos and samples as required
- Sourcing and researching items for projects as needed
- Designing Custom Furniture & Millwork
- Directing 3D Schematic Renderings
- FF&E and Architectural Finish Selections, Specification Writing
- Support production of Design Documentation
- Assist with Construction Administration including value engineering, redlining shop drawings, working closely with in-house procurement and development teams
- Assist with client-facing Presentation Decks
- In pursuit of, or completed a Bachelor of Science or MFA in Interior Design or Architecture
- Proficient in AutoCAD
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suites (InDesign, Photoshop)
- Knowledge of Revit is a plus
- Knowledge of Google Suite experience is a plus
- Specification writing experience is a plus
Please apply through LinkedIn or Greenhouse with your Portfolio and Resume