WHO WE ARE:
Life House is a venture-backed, vertically integrated hotel brand, operator and technology company. We develop, design, and operate boutique lifestyle hotels with a mission to make travel more meaningful and reliable for travelers, and to make hotels more seamless and more profitable for owners. We recently raised our Series C and are experiencing exciting growth! We are looking for great talent to join our award winning in-house design team.
We are looking for a Junior Interior Designer to support in the interior design execution of upcoming Life House branded properties as well as independently branded hotels and restaurants. The Junior Interior Designer will be responsible for following brand guidelines, client and operational needs. This role works closely with the Senior and Intermediate Interior Designers to ensure success.
This position requires a well-rounded individual who has both the ability and experience to work from concept phase through construction administration. We seek candidates who are positive and motivated, eager to collaborate with colleagues, skilled at giving and receiving feedback, and open to travel.
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE:
- The ideal candidate would have interior architectural design experience with hospitality projects (hotels, restaurants, bars, nightclubs, etc.), although other backgrounds are welcome and will be considered.
- Organized. In building scalable systems and managing projects you are able to manage highly interdependent, complex tasks and keep various work streams on track (ideally with Asana)
- Ambitious. You are eager to make an impact, not just clock in and out. You thrive in a fast-moving, dynamic, hyper-growth start-up environment and are able to adapt accordingly
- Tastemaker. You are excited about designing in the Life House aesthetic as well as understanding the client’s vision for independent brands
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Passionate about design
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Sourcing and researching items for projects as needed
- Designing Custom Furniture & Millwork
- Directing 3D Schematic Renderings
- FF&E and Architectural Finish Selections, Specification Writing
- Ordering memos and samples as required
- Produce Design Documentation. Oversee drawing production and redline with attention to detail, construction, furniture manufacturing, and ADA guidelines, etc.
- Oversee Construction Administration including value engineering, redlining shop drawings, working closely with in-house procurement and development teams
- Client-facing presentation decks
- Working within robust Design budgets, concurrent with Concept & Schematic Phases
- Collaborate with various teams within Life House including Design, Development, Branding, Acquisitions, Hotel and F&B Operations
- 1+ years in Hospitality Interior Design
- Bachelor of Science or MFA in Interior Design or Architecture
- Proficient in AutoCAD
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suites (InDesign, Photoshop)
- Experience in Specification writing
- Knowledge of Revit is a plus
- Knowledge of Google Suite is a plus
Please apply through LinkedIn or Greenhouse with your Portfolio and Resume