Who We Are
Life House is a venture-backed, vertically integrated hotel brand, operator and technology company. We develop, design, and operate boutique lifestyle hotels with a mission to make travel more meaningful and reliable for travelers, and to make hotels more seamless and profitable for owners. We recently raised our Series C and are looking for great talent to join us on this rocket ship!
We’re looking for multiple Directors, Business Development to support regional expansion efforts as we grow from 50 hotels today to 150+ by year-end 2022. In this role, you will execute on a regionally focused growth strategy working to identify, source, and close new hotel management opportunities with existing hotel owners. You will be responsible for communicating our value proposition, and leveraging support teams (underwriting, asset management, etc.) to build each prospect’s trust in our ability to deliver value through our tech-enabled management platform. Our ideal candidate is a highly industrious real estate brokerage associate, or proven sales rep, who is motivated to build relationships with hotel owners in major markets across the United States, and who can close deals efficiently & effectively.
Sales Development Representatives will act as the first point of contact with prospective customers (existing hotel owners), before passing the relationship off to a Director, Business Development once there is a high probability of converting on the lead. The Director, Business Development is therefore ultimately responsible for closing on hotel management transition opportunities in their region.
What You’ll Do
- Mange mid-lower sales funnel activities for a specific region (proximate to your home base), partnering with existing hotel owners to grow our portfolio of independent and branded hotels
- Build & maintain relationships with existing hotel owners looking to transition management, ensuring we clearly communicate how Life House can add value and maximize profitability
- Work closely with Sales Development Representatives to identify target customers and ensure a smooth hand-off of the relationship from the initial contact to the expert regional Associate
- Proactively anticipate hotel owner needs and tailor proposed solutions to the individual property, highlighting different elements of our hotel management business based on key gaps today
- Share resources and materials with prospects, including leveraging sales decks, videos, demos, case studies, etc. (created by our Sales Enablement team) to build trust with owners early
- Maximize prospect conversion and close management transition deals efficiently & effectively
Our Ideal Candidate
- Bachelor’s degree and 3-6 years of sales or real estate brokerage experience, with a history of closing on large deals
- A strong existing understanding of hotel operations, while acknowledging that the industry standard today is suboptimal & that we can add value by doing things differently
- Experience working in a fast-paced, collaborative, and entrepreneurial environment
- Proficiency with Pipedrive, SalesForce or another CRM software (preferred)
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, incl. familiarity with hotel terminology
- Ability to learn and adapt quickly (including efficiently ramping-up on our products & services)
- Highly organized and autonomous, with effective time management skills
- Willing to travel as needed, although we’re big believers in efficiency and video conferencing