Who We Are
Life House is a venture-backed, vertically integrated hotel brand, operator and technology company. We develop, design, and operate boutique lifestyle hotels with a mission to make travel more meaningful and reliable for travelers, and to make hotels more seamless and profitable for owners. We recently raised our Series C and are looking for great talent to join us on this rocket ship!
We’re looking for multiple Directors of Acquisitions to lead regional expansion efforts as we grow from 50 hotels today to 150+ by year-end 2022. This role will focus on i) building capital relationships with real estate investors, and ii) sourcing new hotel acquisitions opportunities. Each Director of Acquisitions will own the entire sales funnel for a specific region (with support from the broader sales enablement team), as they seek to build relationships with programmatic partners.
Life House has established a very successful track record maximizing profitability across our portfolio of hotels, leveraging our unique tech-enabled operating model to add value and maximize ROI. Our ideal candidate for the Director of Acquisitions role is someone who can clearly articulate this compelling value proposition, and who is motivated to build relationships with capital partners that are buying independent hotels in major markets across the United States.
What You’ll Do
- Build & maintain capital relationships with real estate investors and other capital partners interested in acquiring independent hotels across the chain scale
- Identify new hotel acquisition opportunities, assessing total potential deal value with support from the Underwriting team and pitching capital partners on attractive opportunities
- Share resources and materials with potential capital partners, including leveraging sales decks, videos, demos, case studies, etc. (created by our Sales Enablement team) to build trust early
- Mange the end-to-end sales funnel for hotel acquisitions a specific region (proximate to your home base) to grow our portfolio of independent and branded hotels
Our Ideal Candidate
- Bachelor’s degree and [5+] years of hospitality and/or real estate investing experience (spanning real estate ownership, management, brokerage, and/or advisory services)
- A proven track-record of closing large deals and experience working with capital partners
- A strong existing understanding of hotel operations, while acknowledging that the industry standard today is suboptimal & that we can add value by doing things differently
- Experience working in a fast-paced, collaborative, and entrepreneurial environment
- Proficiency with Pipedrive, SalesForce or another CRM software (preferred)
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, including a sufficient understanding of real estate investor jargon (critical for effective communication with our capital partners)
- Highly organized and autonomous, with effective time management skills
- Willing to travel as needed up to 50% of the time, although we’re big believers in video calls