The Senior Director, Program Management has responsibility for ensuring that the operational objectives for internal projects are reached in line with the developed project plan and ensuring that a close collaborative relationship is developed and maintained with cross-functional stakeholders. This position will work closely with scientific leads, subject matter experts and business development to develop and implement organizational practices that lead to common decisions and processes internally with ElevateBio.
Here’s What You’ll Do
- Establish strong partnership with the scientific lead to shape the overall strategy, objectives and work plan for assigned program(s)
- Develop and maintain an integrated program plan (e.g., detailed Gantt, budget, resources, etc.) to ensure operational objectives are being met
- For intracompany relationships ensure a good understanding of the contractual obligations,
- Identify conflicts and facilitate resolution, circumventing escalation to senior leadership
- Proactively identify risks, gaps, and resource bottlenecks, and work with impacted teams and functional leadership to develop and implement mitigation plans
- Support the standardization of processes and communication(s) to build efficiencies within Life Edit and ElevateBio
- Proactively seek out opportunities for organizational improvement (e.g. team structure, processes, communication, etc.)
- Facilitate program and R&D team meetings using meeting management best practices to drive cross-functional communication, timely and effective decision-making, and successful execution of program activities
- Bachelor’s Degree in Life Sciences required. Advanced degree (Masters or PhD) in Life Sciences or MBA preferred
- 10+ years of experience in pharmaceutical or biotechnology industry; 6+ years in a project/program management role.
- Intimate knowledge of drug discovery and development, preferably in cell or gene therapy
- Experience working with MS Project/Smartsheet, MS Excel, MS Powerpoint, and MS Word
- Strong communication skills with ability to build professional relationships with external and internal stakeholders
- Attention to detail and accuracy with respect to internal and external reporting
- Strong business acumen
- PMP® certification preferred
Why join Life Edit Therapeutics?
Life Edit Therapeutics, an ElevateBio portfolio company, is a gene editing company on a mission to rewrite the future by curing disease, making any edit, anywhere. Life Edit has built a world-class genome editing platform with one of the world’s largest and most diverse collections of novel RNA-guided nucleases (RGNs) and base editors. The company’s next-generation editing systems will propel the development of novel human therapeutics by enabling ex vivo engineering for cell therapies and regenerative medicines and in vivo delivery of gene therapies.
Our Vision: To pave the way to faster, safer, gene editing therapeutics that cure disease and improve patient lives
Life Edit is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person’s race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Life Edit will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.