Life Edit is looking for a seasoned nonviral delivery system expert with strong organizational, communication, and strategic skills, and the desire to be part of a highly collaborative and cross-functional team. The applicant will work with both internal and external partners to develop and implement new nonviral systems for Life Edit’s novel RNA-guided nucleases (RGNs) and base editors. This position offers an exciting opportunity to contribute to the preclinical development of a variety of gene editing products and to help build a successful therapeutics company.
Here’s What You’ll Do:
- Direct the research, preclinical and clinical development campaigns for nonviral delivery systems
- Responsible for the integration of Life Edit’s novel RGNs and base editors with various nonviral delivery systems, including LPNs, and subsequent formulation
- Responsible for small-scale production and quality control of lipid nanoparticles (LNPs) to support preclinical enablement and clinical development
- Develop stringent CoA and QC criteria as phase appropriate and in compliance with regulatory practices
- Communicate and collaborate cross functionally to ensure timely and effective implementation of programs in a regulatory ready research environment
- Serve as the Subject Matter Expert on production and nonviral delivery
- Hire, develop, and mentor the nonviral delivery system team and establish and operate an internal research production core
- Create and manage budgets for delivery projects
- PhD in molecular biology, virology, bioengineering, chemical engineering, or related life sciences field with strong scientific background and 10+ years’ relevant experience
- Experience with nonviral delivery vectors for in vivo applications
- Experience supervising laboratory staff and managing direct reports via positive motivation through clear and transparent communication and mentorship
- Experience leading and managing teams in a highly matrixed organization
- Track record of progressing research programs into clinical development
- Demonstrates effective decision-making to steward and prioritize activities to support drug candidate and development programs
- Industry experience strongly preferred
- Knowledge of quality systems; GLP and GMP
- Experience sourcing reagents for LNP delivery
- Experience with gene therapy and/or gene editing
Why join Life Edit Therapeutics?
Life Edit Therapeutics, an ElevateBio portfolio company, is a gene editing company on a mission to rewrite the future by curing disease, making any edit, anywhere. Life Edit has built a world-class genome editing platform with one of the world’s largest and most diverse collections of novel RNA-guided nucleases (RGNs) and base editors. The company’s next-generation editing systems will propel the development of novel human therapeutics by enabling ex vivo engineering for cell therapies and regenerative medicines and in vivo delivery of gene therapies.
Our Vision: To pave the way to faster, safer, gene editing therapeutics that cure disease and improve patient lives
Life Edit is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person’s race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Life Edit will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.