The Technology Development group at Life Edit discovers new genome editing systems and establishes new editing capabilities and optimizes them to support efforts developing curative gene editing therapies and gene edited cell therapies. We are looking for an experienced scientist with a strong background in cell culture and genome editing to support this effort in the context of validating and optimizing systems in mammalian cells. We are seeking curious, enthusiastic, competent, and self-motivated individuals to work in our company. This is an exciting opportunity to help build a successful therapeutics company from an early stage.
Here’s What You’ll Do:
- Develop and optimize methods for introducing Life Edit genome editing systems into human cells
- Analyze experimental data and present scientific results at team research meetings
- Contribute to publications and patent applications
- Follow advancements in the field of gene editing and gene therapy published in the literature and presented at conferences
- Collaborate closely with other groups, such as Therapeutic Development and Bioinformatics
- Assist coordination of research associates and day-to-day laboratory operations
- Ph.D. in biology, biochemistry, cell biology, or a related field with 5+ years of experience
- Extensive expertise culturing, transfecting, and analyzing human cell lines and primary cells; primary hepatocyte culture experience strongly desired
- Direct experience genome editing mammalian cells is highly preferred
- Mastery of modern molecular biology techniques including DNA/RNA extraction, PCR, qPCR, and NGS
- Outstanding communication skills (verbal and written)
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate in a team-oriented environment
- Industry experience strongly preferred
Why join Life Edit Therapeutics?
Life Edit Therapeutics, an ElevateBio portfolio company, is a gene editing company on a mission to rewrite the future by curing disease, making any edit, anywhere. Life Edit has built a world-class genome editing platform with one of the world’s largest and most diverse collections of novel RNA-guided nucleases (RGNs) and base editors. The company’s next-generation editing systems will propel the development of novel human therapeutics by enabling ex vivo engineering for cell therapies and regenerative medicines and in vivo delivery of gene therapies.
Our Vision: To pave the way to faster, safer, gene editing therapeutics that cure disease and improve patient lives
Life Edit is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person’s race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Life Edit will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.