As an early member of our hardware team at LifeBell AI, you’ll have the opportunity to demonstrate your passion for science and technology by working in a fast paced environment where you can make a real difference in people’s lives. This work is centered around using wearable devices to help hospitals monitor and treat patients at risk of deterioration, and improving workflows and satisfaction for healthcare providers such as nurses.
Joining now provides a unique opportunity to collaborate with our product, data science, and engineering teams. As a team member, you’ll join a tight-knit group that values collaboration, continuous improvement, and having fun along the way.
LifeBell AI creates intelligent software that saves lives by harnessing the latest advances in machine learning, analytics, and sensor technologies across healthcare. We’re a fast-growing, fully funded technology startup, with both local and remote employees.
LifeBell AI is founded and led by Erez Goren and Gari Clifford, PhD. Erez was previously the founder & CEO of Radiant Systems (NASDAQ: RADS, acquired by NCR for $1.2B), BlueCube Software (acquired by RedPrairie), and Hi-Rez Studios (70M+ players worldwide). Gari is the Chair and Professor of Biomedical Informatics at Emory University, and a Professor of Biomedical Engineering at Georgia Tech. Gari was previously an Associate Professor at the University of Oxford and a Principal Research Scientist at MIT where he commercialized multiple biomedical innovations, and managed a project to collect and analyze the world's largest public database of hospital data, MIMIC II.
What You’ll Do
- Conduct experiments and tests on medical devices.
- Collect and analyze data.
- Assist in the development and optimization of testing protocols and procedures.
- Collaborate with the hardware, engineering, and clinical teams to identify and troubleshoot problems in product design and development.
- Stay up to date with the latest industry standards and regulations regarding medical devices and laboratory testing.
What We’re Looking For
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant scientific field such as engineering or biomedical engineering.
- At least 1 year, preferably 2+ years of experience in a manufacturing or testing setting, preferably in the medical device industry.
- Good understanding of vital signs and medical device testing methodologies, including knowledge of FDA regulations.
- Proficient in the use of laboratory equipment and techniques, and have experience in verification and validation, including creating test plans, executing tests, and documenting results.
- Detail-oriented, with strong organizational and record-keeping skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to work well in a team-oriented environment.
- Good understanding of software development lifecycle processes and the ability to work collaboratively with software engineers and other team members to ensure the quality of the software components of medical devices.
- Experience with medical devices &/or patient monitoring, especially in research context.
- Exposure to clinical operations in hospital settings, especially Emergency Departments.
- Understanding of Matlab, Python and the ability to solder electronic components is a plus.
Benefits & Perks
- Competitive salary with health, dental and vision insurance
- Generous vacation, sick day, holiday, and leave policies
- 401K matching
- Opportunity for meaningful impact in a team-based environment
- Self-funded, stable technology company with an approachable leadership team
- Casual dress style, plus charity and wellness benefits
- Work-life balance and team-activities
Core Values at LifeBell AI
- Save Lives: Improving patient health outcomes is our north star
- Innovate: Our goal is to create industry defining moments, through technology & science
- Be Human: We treat ourselves, and each other, with respect & understanding
- Aim for Excellence: We push ourselves, and each other, to improve every day
- Less is Better: Focus and simplicity matter - we aim to do a few things exceptionally well
- Get it Done: Actions speak louder than words, and execution is key
Come As You Are: We aim to build an inclusive workforce. If you’re passionate about this role, but do not meet all of the qualifications listed above, we still encourage you to apply. We are an equal opportunity employer and celebrate diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, citizenship, color, ethnicity, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or invisible disability status, political affiliation, veteran status, race, religion, or sexual orientation.
Work Location: Due to the responsibilities and nature of this position, this role will be full-time in office at a work location in San Diego California. For this role, relocation from another area to San Diego is not available. We know great talent is everywhere, and want to build the best team we can. We do have periodic company retreats and team-events that include remote team members, which may involve occasional travel. These events are intended for your benefit, as an opportunity to connect more deeply with others.
Salary Range: $47,000 - $65,000 (based on experience and qualifications)
Posting: If you are a recruiter or placement agency, please do not submit unsolicited resumes to our team unless we have a prior agreement. LifeBell is not liable for and will not pay for any placement fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Thank you.