As a Senior Machine Learning Engineer at LifeBell AI, you’ll be responsible for developing ML time-series models for the early detection of sepsis and other related clinical conditions. In addition, you will help to develop LifeBell’s core infrastructure for training, testing and deploying machine learning models at scale. You'll work closely with our Data Science and Engineering teams, as well as CTO and CSO. You’ll join a tight-knit group that values collaboration, continuous improvement, and solving challenging technical and product problems in an emerging space. Plus, we like to have fun along the way.
LifeBell AI creates intelligent software that saves lives by harnessing the latest advances in machine learning, analytics, and sensor technologies across healthcare. We’re a fast-growing, fully funded, Atlanta-based technology startup, with both local and remote employees.
Join us as a machine learning engineer in our mission to reduce morbidity and mortality from sepsis, a life-threatening condition that affects over 48 million people globally each year. Partners include top governmental, healthcare, and academic institutions.
LifeBell AI is founded and led by Erez Goren and Gari Clifford, PhD. Erez was previously the founder & CEO of Radiant Systems (NASDAQ: RADS, acquired by NCR for $1.2B), BlueCube Software (acquired by RedPrairie), and Hi-Rez Studios (70M+ players worldwide). Gari is the Chair and Professor of Biomedical Informatics at Emory University, and a Professor of Biomedical Engineering at Georgia Tech. Gari was previously an Associate Professor at the University of Oxford and a Principal Research Scientist at MIT where he commercialized multiple biomedical innovations, and managed a project to collect and analyze the world's largest public database of hospital data.
What You’ll Do
- Develop cutting edge ML time-series models for the prediction of sepsis (and related medical conditions) using large clinical datasets collected from both hospital systems and wearable sensors
- Build robust and scalable pipelines for time-series data ingest, preprocessing, feature computation, model inference and monitoring
- Evaluate prediction model performance and apply suitable exploratory data and statistical analyses to identify potential areas for model improvement
- Ask questions, connect the dots, and uncover opportunities to improve healthcare using machine learning
What We’re Looking For
- 5+ years of professional experience building and deploying machine learning models in a production environment.
- 2+ years experience building machine learning models on time-series data
- Strong programming skills in Python and experience with one or more of PyTorch, Tensorflow or Jax
- Experience building cloud services in AWS
- Masters or PhD in Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics, or a related technical field
- Self-motivated, with a genuine interest in the problems you’ll be solving
- Prior experience working on ML problems in healthcare
Benefits & Perks
- Competitive salary with health, dental and vision insurance
- Generous vacation, sick day, holiday, and leave policies
- Equity incentive plan and 401K matching
- Great office transit access, parking, and amenities
- Gym membership, snacks & drinks, and a casual dress style
- Opportunity for meaningful impact in a team-based environment
- Remote-friendly culture with daily stand-ups, virtual lunches, and a video-first attitude
- Self-funded, stable technology startup with an approachable leadership team
- Work-life balance and team-activities
Core Values at LifeBell AI
- Save Lives: Improving patient health outcomes is our north star
- Innovate: Our goal is to create industry defining moments, through technology & science
- Be Human: We treat ourselves, and each other, with respect & understanding
- Aim for Excellence: We push ourselves, and each other, to improve every day
- Less is Better: Focus and simplicity matter - we aim to do a few things exceptionally well
- Get it Done: Actions speak louder than words, and execution is key
Come As You Are: We aim to build an inclusive workforce. If you’re passionate about this role, but do not meet all of the qualifications listed above, we still encourage you to apply. We are an equal opportunity employer and celebrate diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, citizenship, color, ethnicity, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or invisible disability status, political affiliation, veteran status, race, religion, or sexual orientation.
Remote Work: We are open to hiring remotely from anywhere in the United States. We know great talent is everywhere, and want to build the best team we can. You do not need to relocate to Atlanta GA for this role. We do have periodic company retreats and team-events that include remote employees, which may involve occasional travel. These events are intended for your benefit, as an opportunity to connect more deeply with others.
COVID-19: LifeBell AI is committed to hiring during the pandemic, with all interviewing and onboarding done virtually due to COVID-19. Everyone new to the team, along with our current staff, will work from home until it is safe to return to our office. In the meantime, we’ve implemented various practices to make remote working as enjoyable and practical as possible.
Posting: If you are a recruiter or placement agency, please do not submit unsolicited resumes to our team unless we have a prior agreement. LifeBell is not liable for and will not pay for any placement fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Thank you.