Life360 is a Remote First company, which means a remote work environment will be the primary experience for all employees. All positions, unless otherwise specified, can be performed remotely (within the US and Canada) regardless of any specified location above.
At Life360, we’re on a mission to simplify safety so families can live fully. Everyday more than 50 million members across 195 countries trust us to protect and connect their loved ones at home, on the road, and on the go.
From real-time location updates to keep everyone coordinated, to Crash Detection and 24/7 Roadside Assistance, Life360 is designed to free families from everyday worries. Our range of Driving Safety, Digital Safety, Location Safety, and Personal Safety features are there to keep our members safe every step of the way.
Life360 has more than 500 (and growing!) remote-first employees.
In 2021, Life360 acquired Tile, the pioneer in finding technology, and Jiobit, one of the top real-time location monitoring platforms for families. These expanded offerings mark an important step forward towards achieving our vision of being the world's leading platform for people, pets and things.
We value having a diverse and inclusive community from many backgrounds, so even if you don’t meet 100% of the below qualifications, you should still seriously consider applying!
About the Job
As a SDET II, Cloud at Life360, you will be working with other engineers to solve complex QA problems in the platform . You are a passionate SDET who wants to have a high impact; looking for a hands-on SDET with a technical vision for platform testing and automation.
The US-based salary range for this position is $112,500.00 to $145,000.00. We take into consideration an individual's background and experience in determining final salary- therefore, base pay offered may vary considerably depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. The compensation package includes a wide range of medical, dental, vision, financial, and other benefits, as well as equity.
What You’ll Do
- Build testing strategies for the features under development
- Define, design and deliver tools and automation framework for our backend systems
- Work with stakeholders for crafting test strategies, test plans, and test scenarios for product under test
- Be a strong quality advocate, collaborating closely with software engineers, designers, and product managers for backend testability and design
- Create end-to-end, cross cloud-impacting, integration automation (APII) with complex orgs
- Monitor product and/or feature-level quality health metrics (testability, test health, test coverage, etc)
- Collaborate and lead a small team of offshore manual testers
- Self-motivated, who can work independently, is able to learn quickly, meets deadlines and demonstrates problem-solving skills
- Communicate technical information in a clear and concise manner between Life360 and the Tile team.
What We’re Looking For
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or similar quantitative field.
- 5+ years of experience in a SDET role
- 5+ years of experience writing and executing unit ,integration and e2e tests
- Strong communication skills - this will be an extremely cross-functional role
- Technical fluency: ability to quickly learn new systems and dive in to tough problems
- Strong experience in API, microservices, postman testing/automation
- Good experience in performance testing (Jmeter)
- Natural curiosity and ability to break software
- Tenacious approach to finding the most difficult bugs
- Highly proficient in Java, Python or a similar language
- Good understanding CI/CD/CT
- Good understanding of data stores, distributed systems and data modeling
- Self-motivator, who can work independently, able to learn quickly, meets deadlines and demonstrates problem-solving skills.
- Effectively communicate technical information in a clear and concise manner and ability to coordinate cross-team efforts
- Experience with agile development methodology
- Experience with developer tools like git, Maven and Jenkins
- Experience with the AWS environment and its various tools
- Competitive pay and benefits
- Medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance plans (100% paid for employees)
- 401(k) plan with company matching program
- Mental Wellness Program & Employee Assistance Program (EAP) for mental well being
- Flexible PTO, 13 company wide days off throughout the year & paid Holiday Shutdown
- Learning & Development programs
- Equipment, tools, and reimbursement support for a productive remote environment
- Free Life360 Platinum Membership for your preferred circle
- Free Tile Products
Our company’s mission driven culture is guided by our shared values to create a trusted work environment where you can bring your authentic self to work and make a positive difference
- Be a Good Person - We have a team of high integrity people you can trust.
- Be Direct With Respect - We communicate directly, even when it’s hard.
- Members Over Metrics - We focus on building an exceptional experience for families.
- High Intensity High Impact - We do whatever it takes to get the job done.
Our Commitment to Diversity
We believe that different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds create a stronger and more creative work environment that delivers better results. Together, we continue to build an inclusive culture that encourages, supports, and celebrates the diverse voices of our employees. It fuels our innovation and connects us closer to our customers and the communities we serve. We strive to create a workplace that reflects the communities we serve and where everyone feels empowered to bring their authentic best selves to work.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Life360. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any legally protected status.
We encourage people of all backgrounds to apply. We believe that a diversity of perspectives and experiences create a foundation for the best ideas. Come join us in building something meaningful.