Life360 is a Remote First company, which means a remote work environment will be the primary experience for all employees. All positions, unless otherwise specified, can be performed remotely (within the US) regardless of any specified location above.
At Life360, we’re on a mission to simplify safety so families can live fully. Everyday more than 33 million members across 195 countries trust us to protect and connect their loved ones at home, on the road, and on the go.
From real-time location updates to keep everyone coordinated, to Crash Detection and 24/7 Roadside Assistance, Life360 is designed to free families from everyday worries. Our range of Driving Safety, Digital Safety, Location Safety, and Personal Safety features are there to keep our members safe every step of the way.
Life360 has more than 400 (and growing!) remote-first employees.
In 2021, Life360 acquired Tile, the pioneer in finding technology, and Jiobit, one of the top real-time location monitoring platforms for families. These expanded offerings mark an important step forward towards achieving our vision of being the world's leading platform for people, pets and things.
We value having a diverse and inclusive community from many backgrounds, so even if you don’t meet 100% of the below qualifications, you should still seriously consider applying!
About The Team
The Optimization Team is laser-focused on wringing any and all inefficiencies out of our large scale production infrastructure. This is a multidisciplinary team that spans from the mobile clients deployed around the world, to the cloud APIs that power near real-time emergency services dispatch, to the large scale data analytics environment that guides our work.
About the Job
Working with the rest of the Optimization and Site Reliability teams this role will be responsible for making targeted fixes to code and related infrastructure services. These changes might range from simple cleaning up of unused resources to more complex work updating cache sharding and deployment patterns.
What You’ll Do
Working in a mix of Terraform, Chef, and similar tools you will support the wider Optimization Team’s work to migrate and/or update services, optimize the AWS infrastructure, and upgrade databases. At times you will also be making improvements to the automation infrastructure running in Jenkins.
What We’re Looking For
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field or the equivalent industry experience
- 3+ years experience writing/reading/debugging code in one or more languages such as: Python, Shell, and Ruby
- 3+ years experience working with large-scale distributed systems and managing Linux-based systems in a cloud like AWS
- 1+ year(s) experience with solutions such as Docker, Kubernetes, system virtualization, cloud monitoring, and logging
- 1+ years experience with IaC and configuration management tools such as Terraform, Cloudformation, Chef, Ansible, or other similar tools
- Experience working as part of a team using analytical, problem-solving skills
- Excellent troubleshooting skills and attention to detail
- Ability to quickly learn new technologies and follow industry trends
- Ability to analyze and optimize high-traffic internet applications
Nice to Have:
- Experience with Prometheus, Chef, Kubernetes, AWS, or terraform
- Competitive pay and benefits
- Medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance plans (100% paid for employees)
- 401(k) plan with company matching program
- Mental Wellness Program & Employee Assistance Program (EAP) for mental well being
- Flexible PTO, 13 company wide days off throughout the year & paid Holiday Shutdown
- Learning & Development programs
- Equipment, tools, and reimbursement support for a productive remote environment
- Free Life360 Platinum Membership for your preferred circle
- Free Tile Products
Our company’s mission driven culture is guided by our shared values to create a trusted work environment where you can bring your authentic self to work and make a positive difference
- Be a Good Person - We have a team of high integrity people you can trust.
- Be Direct With Respect - We communicate directly, even when it’s hard.
- Members Over Metrics - We focus on building an exceptional experience for families.
- High Intensity High Impact - We do whatever it takes to get the job done.
Our Commitment to Diversity
We believe that different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds create a stronger and more creative work environment that delivers better results. Together, we continue to build an inclusive culture that encourages, supports, and celebrates the diverse voices of our employees. It fuels our innovation and connects us closer to our customers and the communities we serve. We strive to create a workplace that reflects the communities we serve and where everyone feels empowered to bring their authentic best selves to work.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Life360. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any legally protected status.
We encourage people of all backgrounds to apply. We believe that a diversity of perspectives and experiences create a foundation for the best ideas. Come join us in building something meaningful.
Since the majority of our staff is located on the US West Coast, our primary working hours will be 9-4pm PST