Life360 is a Remote First company, which means a remote work environment will be the primary experience for all employees. All positions, unless otherwise specified, can be performed remotely (within the US) regardless of any specified location above.
At Life360, we’re on a mission to simplify safety so families can live fully. Everyday more than 33 million members across 195 countries trust us to protect and connect their loved ones at home, on the road, and on the go.
From real-time location updates to keep everyone coordinated, to Crash Detection and 24/7 Roadside Assistance, Life360 is designed to free families from everyday worries. Our range of Driving Safety, Digital Safety, Location Safety, and Personal Safety features are there to keep our members safe every step of the way.
Life360 has more than 400 (and growing!) remote-first employees.
In 2021, Life360 acquired Tile, the pioneer in finding technology, and Jiobit, one of the top real-time location monitoring platforms for families. These expanded offerings mark an important step forward towards achieving our vision of being the world's leading platform for people, pets and things.
We value having a diverse and inclusive community from many backgrounds, so even if you don’t meet 100% of the below qualifications, you should still seriously consider applying!
About the Team
The Life360’s Finance team continues to grow and we now need the expertise of a Senior Accounting Manager. Having surpassed a $1B valuation, acquired 2 companies this year, we are expanding our nationwide team to support the growth of the company. This close knit group enjoys working together, supporting each other, and are self starters, all while being remote. We do get together throughout the year to connect and collaborate.
About the Job
Life360 is seeking a Senior Accounting Manager. This position reports to and supports the Head of Core Accounting Operations and serves as a key member of the Accounting team on point to ensure the operations run smoothly for the team. This person will have key responsibilities to prepare the internal reporting package, assist with the internal controls, consolidation, among other tasks. This role will interface with the Accounting and FP&A team and others across the organization.
What You’ll Do
Will work closely with the revenue team. Key responsibilities include:
- Assist with internal controls, including documentation, and progress toward full SOX compliance
- Work across the team to improve the processes and efficiency of the various cycles
- Own the chart of accounts and ensure proper mapping for reporting
- Manage the general ledger to ensure consolidation runs properly
- Oversee certain members of the Accounting team and their GL responsibilities
What We’re Looking For
A candidate for this position will have:
- 10+ years of progressive Accounting experience
- 2+ years of managerial Accounting experience
- 3+ years of experience in public traded companies
- Experience using a range of financial systems, e.g. NetSuite, Recurly, Avalara
- Good interpersonal and communication skills including written and verbal
- Experience working with a growing company
- Organized: ability to prioritize and deliver timely work
- Flexible: dynamic, hard-working, and able to pivot direction quickly to keep up with business demands
- Technically adept: not afraid of new technologies and eager to learn
- A Problem solver: takes charge of creating solutions
- Able to thrive in a fast-paced setting
- Competitive pay and benefits
- Medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance plans (100% paid for employees)
- 401(k) plan with company matching program
- Mental Wellness Program & Employee Assistance Program (EAP) for mental well being
- Flexible PTO, 13 company wide days off throughout the year & paid Holiday Shutdown
- Learning & Development programs
- Equipment, tools, and reimbursement support for a productive remote environment
- Free Life360 Platinum Membership for your preferred circle
- Free Tile Products
Our company’s mission driven culture is guided by our shared values to create a trusted work environment where you can bring your authentic self to work and make a positive difference
- Build A High Performing Team – Communicate Directly, Be a Good Person
- Make Things Happen – Take Ownership, Think Long Term
- Deliver an Exceptional Experience – Users Come First, Quality & Craftsmanship
Our Commitment to Diversity
We believe that different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds create a stronger and more creative work environment that delivers better results. Together, we continue to build an inclusive culture that encourages, supports, and celebrates the diverse voices of our employees. It fuels our innovation and connects us closer to our customers and the communities we serve. We strive to create a workplace that reflects the communities we serve and where everyone feels empowered to bring their authentic best selves to work.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Life360. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any legally protected status.
We encourage people of all backgrounds to apply. We believe that a diversity of perspectives and experiences create a foundation for the best ideas. Come join us in building something meaningful.
Since the majority of our staff is located on the US West Coast, our primary working hours will be 9-4pm PST