At Life360, we’re on a mission to simplify safety so families can live fully. Everyday more than 33 million members across 195 countries trust us to protect and connect their loved ones at home, on the road, and on the go.
From real-time location updates to keep everyone coordinated, to Crash Detection and 24/7 Roadside Assistance, Life360 is designed to free families from everyday worries. Our range of Driving Safety, Digital Safety, Location Safety, and Personal Safety features are there to keep our members safe every step of the way.
Life360 has more than 400 (and growing!) remote-first employees.
In 2021, Life360 acquired Tile, the pioneer in finding technology, and Jiobit, one of the top real-time location monitoring platforms for families. These expanded offerings mark an important step forward towards achieving our vision of being the world's leading platform for people, pets and things.
We value having a diverse and inclusive community from many backgrounds, so even if you don’t meet 100% of the below qualifications, you should still seriously consider applying!
About The Team
The Tile Hardware team is looking for open-minded individuals who want to expand the ways technology can help people. We work fast, collaborate, and celebrate as a team. We’re united by a commitment to shaping our culture around the needs of our colleagues and customers, and by our desire to build a diverse and welcoming workplace.
At Tile Hardware Engineering, our mission is to envision, design and build products which make everything smart location enabled.
About the Job
We are looking for a Senior Hardware Engineer who can take an ownership role in Tile’s end to end product development lifecycle.
What You’ll Do
- Select major components, implement the design, debug and characterize embedded systems with end-to-end ownership of EE product design from concept to production
- Design schematics, drive board layouts, assembly, test, debug, and integrate designs into electro-mechanical systems
- Optimize architecture and circuits for performance, power and signal integrity, and battery life
- Bring up and debug embedded consumer hardware
- Guide lab measurements and factory test debug as needed to validate the design and resolve any issues
- Track test progress, bugs, and fixes and drive changes to design based on resolution
- Familiarity with typical consumer electronics product development lifecycle
- Design, test, and supervise manufacturing of analog, digital and RF electrical systems for consumer electronics, including both printed and flexible circuit boards
- Validate RF performance and make design adjustments as needed to ensure best performance
- Partner with Mechanical Engineers to design best PCB solution accounting for RF and audio space constraints
- Implement engineering best practices such as design reviews, DFMEA sessions, design and build readiness reviews, and test planning
- Ensure clear definition of engineering requirements and create the corresponding spec documents and test plans
- Create documentation for specifications, design options, test plans, product requirements, product certification planning, and product reliability requirements
- Coordinate and communicate with external contract manufacturing partners in different global locales, and work around language and culture barriers to establish good working relationships.
- Own the electrical device certification effort for all products (FCC, CE, UL, CSA)
- Travel in the Contiguous US and globally as needed to support product launches.
What We’re Looking For
- 5 - 7 years of experience in Consumer Electronics with a track record of delivering hardware devices to the market
- Experience working with global contract manufacturers
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering, or physics
- Deep experience with consumer electronics, hardware product development, and manufacturing processes
- Experience with designing in schematic capture tools, layout tools, design and test analysis tools such as Matlab, LabView and Python
- Expertise in hardware integration including: SOC, microcontrollers, peripheral interfaces (USB, I2C, SPI); High-speed signaling and Power supply design and battery charging; Audio system design and integration
- Familiarity with CAD tools like Cadence OrCAD, Allegro, Altium
- Impeccable organization, clear communication, and high attention to detail
- Ability to work unsupervised and with minimal guidance to execute on agreed upon project deliverables
- Hands-on experience with RF circuits and topologies used in RF Filters, RF switches, phase shifters, antennas, RF power amplifiers, and other RF front-end technologies
- Ability to work unsupervised and be proactive with a strong customer orientation
- Demonstrated industry-changing thought direction
- Knowledge of industry technology trends and relevant technologies applicable to Tile
- Experience in leading aggressive timeline, multi-partner initiatives
- Competitive pay and benefits
- Medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance plans (100% paid for employees)
- 401(k) plan with company matching program
- Mental Wellness Program & Employee Assistance Program (EAP) for mental well being
- Flexible PTO, 13 company wide days off throughout the year & paid Holiday Shutdown
- Learning & Development programs
- Equipment, tools, and reimbursement support for a productive remote environment
- Free Life360 Platinum Membership for your preferred circle
- Free Tile Products
Our company’s mission driven culture is guided by our shared values to create a trusted work environment where you can bring your authentic self to work and make a positive difference
- Build A High Performing Team – Communicate Directly, Be a Good Person
- Make Things Happen – Take Ownership, Think Long Term
- Deliver an Exceptional Experience – Users Come First, Quality & Craftsmanship
Our Commitment to Diversity
We believe that different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds create a stronger and more creative work environment that delivers better results. Together, we continue to build an inclusive culture that encourages, supports, and celebrates the diverse voices of our employees. It fuels our innovation and connects us closer to our customers and the communities we serve. We strive to create a workplace that reflects the communities we serve and where everyone feels empowered to bring their authentic best selves to work.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Life360. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any legally protected status.
We encourage people of all backgrounds to apply. We believe that a diversity of perspectives and experiences create a foundation for the best ideas. Come join us in building something meaningful.