Life360 is a Remote First company, which means a remote work environment will be the primary experience for all employees. All positions, unless otherwise specified, can be performed remotely (within the US) regardless of any specified location above.
At Life360, we’re on a mission to simplify safety so families can live fully. Everyday more than 33 million members across 195 countries trust us to protect and connect their loved ones at home, on the road, and on the go.
From real-time location updates to keep everyone coordinated, to Crash Detection and 24/7 Roadside Assistance, Life360 is designed to free families from everyday worries. Our range of Driving Safety, Digital Safety, Location Safety, and Personal Safety features are there to keep our members safe every step of the way.
Life360 has more than 400 (and growing!) remote-first employees.
In 2021, Life360 acquired Tile, the pioneer in finding technology, and Jiobit, one of the top real-time location monitoring platforms for families. These expanded offerings mark an important step forward towards achieving our vision of being the world's leading platform for people, pets and things.
We value having a diverse and inclusive community from many backgrounds, so even if you don’t meet 100% of the below qualifications, you should still seriously consider applying!
About The Team
The Life360 Finance team continues to scale. Having recently acquired 2 companies, we continue to expand our nationwide team to support the growth and integration of the group. We are building a world class team to support the finance function which will provide amazing opportunities while still having fun.
About the Job
Life360 is seeking an experienced and motivated Senior Indirect Tax Manager to lead its indirect tax functions, including sales and use tax, GST, VAT, property tax and other non-income business taxes. This position VP Finance. This role will interface with the entire Finance team and across the organization.
What You’ll Do
- Own all indirect tax functions, including compliance and reporting
- Manage and/or prepare and file, working with third party providers, sales and use tax in the US
- Team up with accounting and purchasing personnel to develop methodologies for capturing and reporting use tax liabilities
- Review and/or prepare reconciliations of related sales and use tax general ledger accounts
- Manage product taxability configurations and system enablement including nexus settings, product mappings, and enterprise application processes and enhancements
- Responsible for all indirect tax controversies including all audits, notices and VDAs
- Manage Indirect tax reserves, related SOX documentation and controls
- Prepare required work papers and technical memos related to sales and use tax issues
- Manage indirect tax risk globally, closely monitoring the dynamic landscape and assessing and implementing operational and compliance changes, as required
- Manage outside consultants
- Provide indirect tax support to the business including customer invoice and taxability support, customer and vendor contract review, customer exemption certificate advice, and ERP support
What We’re Looking For
- Bachelor's degree, with emphasis in accounting or finance
- Minimum of 8 years of corporate tax and/or public accounting experience, including 8 years of recent sales tax and VAT experience
- Preferred qualifications
- Master's degree in Tax or Accounting and/or CPA preferred
- Public company multi-national corporation experience and/ or public accounting firm experience (i.e., Big 4)
- Commitment to continuous improvement
- Excellent analytical skills; detail oriented
- Highly effective communication skills (verbal and written)
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and work independently while successfully delivering results
- Experience using a range of financial systems, e.g. NetSuite, Recurly, Avalara
- Experience working with a growing company
- A Problem solver: Takes charge of creating solutions. Able to thrive in a fast-paced setting
- Competitive pay and benefits
- Medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance plans (100% paid for employees)
- 401(k) plan with company matching program
- Mental Wellness Program & Employee Assistance Program (EAP) for mental well being
- Flexible PTO, 13 company wide days off throughout the year & paid Holiday Shutdown
- Learning & Development programs
- Equipment, tools, and reimbursement support for a productive remote environment
- Free Life360 Platinum Membership for your preferred circle
- Free Tile Products
Our company’s mission driven culture is guided by our shared values to create a trusted work environment where you can bring your authentic self to work and make a positive difference
- Build A High Performing Team – Communicate Directly, Be a Good Person
- Make Things Happen – Take Ownership, Think Long Term
- Deliver an Exceptional Experience – Users Come First, Quality & Craftsmanship
Our Commitment to Diversity
We believe that different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds create a stronger and more creative work environment that delivers better results. Together, we continue to build an inclusive culture that encourages, supports, and celebrates the diverse voices of our employees. It fuels our innovation and connects us closer to our customers and the communities we serve. We strive to create a workplace that reflects the communities we serve and where everyone feels empowered to bring their authentic best selves to work.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Life360. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any legally protected status.
We encourage people of all backgrounds to apply. We believe that a diversity of perspectives and experiences create a foundation for the best ideas. Come join us in building something meaningful.
Since the majority of our staff is located on the US West Coast, our primary working hours will be 9-4pm PST