Life360 is a Remote First company, which means a remote work environment will be the primary experience for all employees. All positions, unless otherwise specified, can be performed remotely (within the US) regardless of any specified location above.
At Life360, we’re on a mission to simplify safety so families can live fully. Everyday more than 33 million members across 195 countries trust us to protect and connect their loved ones at home, on the road, and on the go.
From real-time location updates to keep everyone coordinated, to Crash Detection and 24/7 Roadside Assistance, Life360 is designed to free families from everyday worries. Our range of Driving Safety, Digital Safety, Location Safety, and Personal Safety features are there to keep our members safe every step of the way.
Life360 has more than 400 (and growing!) remote-first employees.
In 2021, Life360 acquired Tile, the pioneer in finding technology, and Jiobit, one of the top real-time location monitoring platforms for families. These expanded offerings mark an important step forward towards achieving our vision of being the world's leading platform for people, pets and things.
We value having a diverse and inclusive community from many backgrounds, so even if you don’t meet 100% of the below qualifications, you should still seriously consider applying!
About the Team
The Life360’s Finance team continues to grow and we now need the expertise of a Senior Manager/Director - Revenue to manage all the facets related for a US publicly traded company. Having surpassed a $1B valuation, acquired 2 companies this year, we are expanding our nationwide team to support the growth of the company. This close knit group enjoys working together, supporting each other, and are self starters, all while being remote. We do get together throughout the year to connect and collaborate.
About the Job
This position reports to and supports the VP Finance, Corporate Controller and will own the Revenue cycle for all of revenue streams, including those for Life360 and its subsidiaries.
This role will interface with the Accounting teams, FP&A and others across the organization.
What You'll Do
Life 360 is seeking a specialist who is in charge of everything that brings us revenue. The Senior Manager/Director - Revenue will have the overall responsibility for all the revenue of the group. This includes directly owning Life360 revenue and overseeing the subsidiaries’ revenue streams. (Tile revenue as well as Jio). The person will be the company’s ASC 606 SME owning the Revenue cycles and includes the follow revenue types:
- SaaS, including Apple/Google stores and internally built web app
- Data Revenue Stream
- Ensure all reports required to operate internally as an SEC registrant
- Improve internal reporting templates, particularly NetSuite, subscription reporting calculations, web app (Recurly/Avalara)
- Manage all Sales Tax accounting, reporting and implement applicable processes using Avalara (Recurly’s tax partner)
- Prepare flux analysis to explain variances
- Work with the revenue teams to ensure ASC606 is consistently applied across the group
- Manage the Revenue portion of the audit with the external auditors
- Provide support to finance leadership and other customers as needs arise, including ad hoc financial analysis, and special projects.
- Key characteristics:
- Ability to work with large data sets
- Manage the outsourced Sales tax function
- Ability to optimize process, workflows and systems to make improvements to obtain optimal results.
- Work with FP&A to reconcile waterfalls against budget
- Ability to dig into details and provide analysis of variances
What We're Looking For
- A candidate for this position will have at least 8 years of progressive working experience in growing technology company(ies), including all aspects of ASC606 Accounting
- Experience using a range of financial systems, e.g. NetSuite, Recurly, Avalara
- Strong leadership, team building and interpersonal skills
- Communicative: Strong written and verbal communication skills, comfortable in engaging conversation.
- Experience working with US listed company
- Organized: Ability to prioritize and deliver timely work; best in class project management skills
- Flexible: Dynamic, hard-working, and able to pivot direction quickly to keep up with business demands
- Technically Adept: Not afraid of new technologies and eager to learn
- A Problem solver: Takes charge of creating solutions. Able to thrive in a fast-paced setting
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting or equivalent
- Active CPA or equivalent preferred
- Big 4 experience preferred
- Competitive pay and benefits
- Medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance plans (100% paid for employees)
- 401(k) plan with company matching program
- Mental Wellness Program & Employee Assistance Program (EAP) for mental well being
- Flexible PTO, 13 company wide days off throughout the year & paid Holiday Shutdown
- Learning & Development programs
- Equipment, tools, and reimbursement support for a productive remote environment
- Free Life360 Platinum Membership for your preferred circle
- Free Tile Products
Our company’s mission driven culture is guided by our shared values to create a trusted work environment where you can bring your authentic self to work and make a positive difference
- Build A High Performing Team – Communicate Directly, Be a Good Person
- Make Things Happen – Take Ownership, Think Long Term
- Deliver an Exceptional Experience – Users Come First, Quality & Craftsmanship
Our Commitment to Diversity
We believe that different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds create a stronger and more creative work environment that delivers better results. Together, we continue to build an inclusive culture that encourages, supports, and celebrates the diverse voices of our employees. It fuels our innovation and connects us closer to our customers and the communities we serve. We strive to create a workplace that reflects the communities we serve and where everyone feels empowered to bring their authentic best selves to work.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Life360. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any legally protected status.
We encourage people of all backgrounds to apply. We believe that a diversity of perspectives and experiences create a foundation for the best ideas. Come join us in building something meaningful.
Since the majority of our staff is located on the US West Coast, our primary working hours will be 9-4pm PST