Life360 is a Remote First company, which means a remote work environment will be the primary experience for all employees. All positions, unless otherwise specified, can be performed remotely (within the US) regardless of any specified location above.
At Life360, we’re on a mission to simplify safety so families can live fully. Everyday more than 33 million members across 195 countries trust us to protect and connect their loved ones at home, on the road, and on the go.
From real-time location updates to keep everyone coordinated, to Crash Detection and 24/7 Roadside Assistance, Life360 is designed to free families from everyday worries. Our range of Driving Safety, Digital Safety, Location Safety, and Personal Safety features are there to keep our members safe every step of the way.
Life360 has more than 400 (and growing!) remote-first employees.
In 2021, Life360 acquired Tile, the pioneer in finding technology, and Jiobit, one of the top real-time location monitoring platforms for families. These expanded offerings mark an important step forward towards achieving our vision of being the world's leading platform for people, pets and things.
We value having a diverse and inclusive community from many backgrounds, so even if you don’t meet 100% of the below qualifications, you should still seriously consider applying!
About the Job
This role is for a iOS engineer within the Life360 team.This person will be an integral part of the core of our app as they will be required to become experts in areas ranging from background collection services to our highly visible mapping features. As a member of the team it is expected that you will be highly involved in architecting, designing, and leading development of the next generation of our systems and features.
What You’ll Do
- Work with a cross-functional team with close cooperation with Design, Marketing, Data Science, and Product
- Building out the future of Life360’s best-in-class Location experience
- Opportunity to be on the leading edge of location experiences in a high-visibility team
- Roadmap innovative features to bring families closer together through contextual awareness, improved geolocation, and better communication
What We’re Looking For
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
- Strong debugging
- Many problems in sensors team require understanding hard to pinpoint and non-reproducible problems
- We will be solving problems that do not have clear solutions, no help from Stack Overflow here
- Architecture mindset
- Will be spending equally as much time designing and prototyping as writing production code
- Strong understanding of the iOS ecosystem
- Adaptable and able to pick up new concepts
- Even someone with deep knowledge of writing applications in iOS will need to understand the internal tech in location engine and adapt as the OS does
- Drive to level up
- Strong communication
- Will communicate with multiple teams including both systems and product teams
- At times may need to communicate with external partners
- Familiarity with location and other sensors
- Familiarity with background running tasks/services on iOS
- Familiarity with networking and persistence technologies
- Familiarity with reactive programming, RxSwift, or combine
- Familiarity with developing highly polished user interfaces
We value having a diverse and inclusive community from many backgrounds, so even if you don’t meet 100% of the above qualifications, you should still seriously consider applying!
- Competitive pay and benefits
- Medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance plans (100% paid for employees)
- 401(k) plan with company matching program
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) for mental wellness.
- Flexible PTO and 12 company wide days off throughout the year
- Learning & Development programs
- Equipment, tools, and reimbursement support for a productive remote environment
- Free Life360 Platinum Membership for your preferred circle
Our company’s mission driven culture is guided by our shared values to create a trusted work environment where you can bring your authentic self to work and make a positive difference
- Build A High Performing Team – Communicate Directly, Be a Good Person
- Make Things Happen – Take Ownership, Think Long Term
- Deliver an Exceptional Experience – Users Come First, Quality & Craftsmanship
Our Commitment to Diversity
We believe that different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds create a stronger and more creative work environment that delivers better results. Together, we continue to build an inclusive culture that encourages, supports, and celebrates the diverse voices of our employees. It fuels our innovation and connects us closer to our customers and the communities we serve. We strive to create a workplace that reflects the communities we serve and where everyone feels empowered to bring their authentic best selves to work.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Life360. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any legally protected status.
We encourage people of all backgrounds to apply. We believe that a diversity of perspectives and experiences create a foundation for the best ideas. Come join us in building something meaningful.
Since the majority of our staff is located on the US West Coast, our primary working hours will be 9-4pm PST