Job Title: Chief Of Staff
Reporting to: CEO
Location: Scale Space Building, 1st Floor, 58 Wood Lane, London W12 7RZ
Liberis are the leading global provider of embedded business finance and are proud to have delivered more than £500 million in funding to SMEs across the UK, EU and US.
We’ve been pioneering embedded finance since 2007 and over the years, we’ve worked in partnership with banks, SaaS providers, payment processors, checkout providers, and even the UK government – providing all they need to offer easy and frictionless revenue-based finance solutions to their SME customers through our API-powered funding platform.
We are in a very exciting period of growth, both within the UK and internationally, with teams based in London, Nottingham, USA and Scandinavia. As we continue to grow we are looking for talented and ambitious individuals to join us to reshape business finance.
We are proud to have been included in The Sunday Times Hiscox Tech Track 100 as one of the 100 fastest growing FinTechs in the UK for two years running.
About The Role
As Chief of Staff, you will be directly supporting the CEO and Executive Team to achieve the ever-evolving list of priorities that require their attention. The Chief of Staff role comes with some core admin responsibilities, alongside the opportunity to shape the role based on your ambition and skillsets.
You’ll be responsible for ensuring the CEO is able to perform at 100% capacity, preparing him for meetings with key clients, partners, and shareholders – meaning you need to be comfortable shaping the agenda of those conversations. In addition to being a reliable support person to the executive team, you will be a crucial hub of knowledge in the business, with good knowledge of all areas of the business – from Risk to People.
With the stage that Liberis is at, we see an incoming Chief of Staff as playing a crucial role in building out Liberis strategic function, driving the way in which Liberis thinks about its strategic decision making and evaluates success.
The role requires a broad skillset, with time spent split between business administration tasks, reviewing and evolving the business strategy, company goal setting, and a plethora of other projects dependent on your skillset.
You’re an organised individual able to juggle multiple competing priorities at any one time – with the stakeholder management skills to match. You’re confident dealing with C level execs, and able to represent Liberis (and the CEO) positively in every meeting you attend.
You’re comfortable working through the strategic challenges that come with a growing business – which means evaluating the options in front of you and deciding on an appropriate course of action – even if that is an unpopular one! You’ve likely gained experience in a scaleup, and are comfortable with the idiosyncrasies that come with working in one.
Lastly – and most importantly, you’re a great communicator.
Liberis is in an extreme growth period with shifting priorities and new opportunities landing all the time. Your key responsibilities in the role will include the below:
- Supporting the CEO on a daily basis to make sure he is well prepared for meetings
- Managing the weekly Executive team meeting – owning the agenda and ensuring high priority items from across the business receive the due attention they deserve from business leaders
- Owning annual & quarterly company OKR monitoring and goal setting process
- Helping scope and execute on strategic projects across a number of areas (finance, product,
- Maintaining a good understanding of the company’s performance metrics
- Collaborating with people across the business and acting as a central ‘hub’ of knowledge
- Preparing internal and external company communications
- Managing the Office of the CEO’s budget
- An unlimited supply of strategic projects dependent on your skillset – Liberis is a growing company and teams across the business could always benefit from your strategic or operational insights
- Demonstrate Liberis' values: to be open, interested, proactive and bright
We think you’ll need
- 3-5 years experience working in a role that has seen you contribute to strategic discussions at a senior level
- You enjoy self-leading and working independently in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment
- Comfortable with the SME Lending landscape & familiar with the financing structures of alternative lenders
- Great at stakeholder management and able to thoughtfully and constructively challenge the people you work with
- Organised, detail oriented and thorough.
- An excellent communicator
- Comfortable being uncomfortable – you’re not going to be the person in the room with the most knowledge on an individual topic given your broad area of coverage
*We are continually building on our values-driven and culturally diverse community and encourage applications from all candidates irrespective of gender, race, age, sexual-orientation, or background.
What we can offer you?
- Company wellbeing programme – running club, nutritionist sessions, free fruit and
healthy snacks, mental health framework
- Health insurance
- Eyecare vouchers
- Flu jabs
- Company pension scheme
- Life insurance
- Performance related bonus
- Financial wellbeing initiatives
- Salary sacrifice schemes for Cycle to Work and Technology purchases
- Season Ticket Loan
- Charitable giving
- Generous holiday entitlement including an extra 3 days holiday to cover the
- Flexible working
- Team away days
- Regular company socials
What happens next?
Think this sounds like the right next move for you? If you’re not completely confident that you fit our exact criteria, get in touch! Humility is a wonderful thing and we are interested in hearing about what you can add to Liberis. We look forward to chatting with you.
The recruitment process will give you the opportunity to learn more about Liberis and our specific challenges, get an idea of the culture, and meet a wide cross-section of the team.