Job Title: Product Manager, Platform
Reporting to: Product Lead
Location: This is a Remote-first position with some travel into our one of our UK offices in London or Nottingham.
Liberis is transforming business finance. We use the latest technology to make it simple and flexible for small businesses to secure funding. Since our inception we have helped more than 15,000 small businesses access over £390 million in funding. We believe that small businesses are the economic lifeblood of local communities, yet they continue to be underserved by traditional banks and financial services organisations. We are committed to supporting them by:
- Offering simple, fair finance to small businesses to help them thrive
- Providing easy access to flexible funding through our innovative technology platform
- Empowering our partners with finance solutions to increase the lifetime value of their small business customers.
We are in a very exciting period of growth, both within the UK and internationally, with teams based in London, Nottingham, USA and Scandinavia. As we continue to grow we are looking for talented and ambitious individuals to join us to reshape business finance and continue to support our partners and customers in the underserved SME market.
We are proud to have been included in The Sunday Times Hiscox Tech Track 100 as one of the 100 fastest growing FinTechs in the UK for two years running.
Who are we?
You’ll join a small product team made up of passionate generalists with an active feedback culture. You’ll be responsible for the Liberis funding platform, empowering our partners to offer a range of embedded finance solutions to their merchants. Having full ownership of your area, you will be responsible for developing our platform infrastructure to enable our growing business to scale globally. You’ll lead a cross-functional team of engineers and analysts, collaborating with all areas of Liberis.
This role is not only about execution and delivering results, but also about planning the strategic direction of Liberis’ platform. Liberis has a nascent platform built to facilitate our global growth, and this new role will empower you to drive the adoption and scaling of this platform. This is a unique opportunity to get involved early with a growing business and develop the future of our platform.
Key responsibilities include:
- Understanding and analysing pain points and inefficiencies in our platform, validating hypotheses, and prioritising solutions
- Leading on building the vision for our platform, providing a clear roadmap for its development, and bringing the business into alignment with your vision
- Driving execution for your area by managing the entire product development lifecycle – analysis, design, story refinement, testing, and release monitoring
- Meeting with partners pre-sale and post-sale to clearly articulate our solutions and the integration phases
- Working backwards from our strategic objectives to develop and evolve a realistic roadmap, keeping the process transparent and open to challenge
- Exploring and analysing competitors, market position, and opportunities to get to the root of what matters to partners and customers
You are an excellent communicator, are extremely comfortable overseeing complex development projects, and have the drive to provide a compelling vision for your area.
You’re a logical and structured thinker, but you seek out constructive feedback and are always willing to be challenged. You are constantly trying to improve and want to be part of a team that pushes you to be better.
- Experience leading feature development and product integrations with lots of moving parts, including third parties
- Comfortable collaborating with engineering to design APIs and internal services critical to the success of the product
- Experience partner-facing, pitching or leading product implementations
- An uncompromising focus on user-centric design, applying data, research, and judgment to prioritise the biggest impact
Sound like a good fit?
If you’re not completely confident that you fit our exact criteria, get in touch! Humility is a wonderful thing and we are interested in hearing about what you can add to Liberis. We look forward to chatting with you.
What can we offer you?
We are committed to creating an open, supportive and flexible work environment that provides our employees access to industry-leading opportunity. We are proud to have been recognised by Great Place To Work as one of the UK’s Best (Medium) Workplaces, as well as the 3rd Best (Medium) Workplace For Women and a centre of Excellence For Wellbeing. We are a values-driven and culturally diverse community and we welcome applications from all candidates irrespective of gender, race, age, sexual-orientation or background.
We are passionate about empowering our people to make a real difference for our customers and for their own careers. We run a variety of initiatives to support our employees’ development from lunch and learn sessions to peer mentoring and formal training courses.
- Company wellbeing programme – running club, nutritionist sessions, free fruit and healthy snacks, mental health framework
- Health insurance
- Eyecare vouchers
- Flu jabs
- Company pension scheme
- Life insurance
- Performance related bonus
- Financial wellbeing initiatives
- Salary sacrifice schemes for Cycle to Work and Technology purchases
- Season Ticket Loan
- Charitable giving
- Generous holiday entitlement including an extra 3 days holiday to cover the Christmas period
- Flexible working
- Team away days
- Regular company socials