Job Title: Head of Global Ops
Reporting to: COO
Location: 1 Lyric Square, Hammersmith or Poynt North, Wollaton Road, Nottingham
Liberis is transforming business finance. We use the latest technology to make it simple and flexible for small businesses to secure funding. Since our inception we have helped more than 15,000 small businesses access over $750 million in funding. We believe that small businesses are the economic lifeblood of local communities, yet they continue to be underserved by traditional banks and financial services organisations. We are committed to supporting them by:
- Offering simple, fair finance to small businesses to help them thrive
- Providing easy access to flexible funding through our innovative technology platform
- Empowering our partners with finance solutions to increase the lifetime value of their small business customers.
We are in a very exciting period of growth, both within the UK and internationally, with teams based in London, Nottingham, USA and Europe.
We are now looking for a Head of Global Operations to develop and lead the strategy, delivery and improvement of our operations function internationally as we scale across three continents, launch new partners and new products.
You will report into our Chief Operating Officer and work extremely closely with our Product team to ensure we can deliver an outstanding customer experience whilst ensuring scalable, robust and cost-effective operations, across UK, EU and USA. You will be responsible for:
- International operational vision & strategy: Develop and own the multi-year strategy and goals for operations globally at Liberis.
- Process improvement: You will continuously redesign our processes to improve the performance of our operational “machine”, optimizing for scalability as we prepare to grow in 2021. You will be responsible for driving down the ‘Cost per Funded Deal’ through process mapping, re-design, training and automation - working closely with our in-country operations teams to do so.
- Ensure global alignment: As the owner of our operational process maps, you will be responsible for ensuring adherence to global operations standards across all our regions.
- Go-to-market strategy: We have plans to launch new partners, new products and new geographies in 2021, you will be a core part of designing and execution on our GTM plan.
- Team management: Manage a small central team and work closely with our in-country partner teams. Ensure local teams have the right level of resources, the right tools and processes, the right content and the right level of training. Build strong relationships with the teams to instill trust and ensure alignment is achieved.
- Reporting: You will own the reporting of our operational performance, across all regions, to the business.
- Product: You will work extremely closely with our product team, bridging the gap between operations and technology. In a previous life you may have even been a Product Manager.
We think you’ll need:
- A proven track record of running an operational function in a high growth - ideally international - environment, with direct responsibility for daily operational KPIs.
- You have experience in an operational/process improvement role; you’ll love to study, understand and improve our operational processes to find ways to improve both productivity and customer experience.
- You can break complex problems into smaller ones and enjoy working with data to facilitate your work. You’ll be very familiar with Excel, and probably have some experience of SQL
- You will be a confident internal and external spokesperson, representing Operations at the senior level.
- You are a great team leader and coach, able to lead teams effectively whilst coaching in-direct reports to excel.
- You are confident with a bit of chaos and resourceful with drawing strategic insights from analysis in an imperfect world and working in a fast-moving environment
- Experience in Fintech or scale ups is a bonus
What can we offer you?
We are committed to creating an open, supportive and flexible work environment that provides our employees access to industry-leading opportunity. We are proud to have been recognised by Great Place To Work as one of the UK’s Best (Medium) Workplaces, as well as the 3rd Best (Medium) Workplace For Women and a centre of Excellence For Wellbeing. We are a values-driven and culturally diverse community and we welcome applications from all candidates irrespective of gender, race, age, sexual-orientation or background.
We are passionate about empowering our people to make a real difference for our customers and for their own careers. We run a variety of initiatives to support our employees’ development from lunch and learn sessions to peer mentoring and formal training courses.
- Company wellbeing programme – running club, nutritionist sessions, free fruit and healthy snacks, mental health framework
- Health insurance
- Eyecare vouchers
- Flu jabs
- Company pension scheme
- Life insurance
- Performance related bonus
- Financial wellbeing initiatives
- Salary sacrifice schemes for Cycle to Work and Technology purchases
- Season Ticket Loan
- Charitable giving
- Generous holiday entitlement including an extra 3 days holiday to cover the Christmas period
- Flexible working
- Team away days
- Regular company socials