Job Title: Software Development Engineering Lead
Reporting to: Head of Engineering
Location: We have UK offices in Hammersmith and Nottingham, but will also consider remote working
Liberis is transforming business finance. We use the latest technology to make it simple and flexible for small businesses to secure funding. Since our inception we have helped more than 15,000 small businesses access over £390 million in funding. We believe that small businesses are the economic lifeblood of local communities, yet they continue to be underserved by traditional banks and financial services organisations. We are committed to supporting them by:
- Offering simple, fair finance to small businesses to help them thrive
- Providing easy access to flexible funding through our innovative technology platform
- Empowering our partners with finance solutions to increase the lifetime value of their small business customers.
We are in a very exciting period of growth, both within the UK and internationally, with teams based in London, Nottingham, USA and Scandinavia. As we continue to grow we are looking for talented and ambitious individuals to join us to reshape business finance and continue to support our partners and customers in the underserved SME market.
We are proud to have been included in The Sunday Times Hiscox Tech Track 100 as one of the 100 fastest growing FinTechs in the UK for two years running.
Who are we?
Technology is at the heart of Liberis’ growth and as part of the engineering team you will have a big part to play in achieving our mission: To give every business access to funding. In doing so we strive to be the best in class, not only in how we achieve our mission technologically, but also in providing our customers and partners an optimal user journey and integration experience.
We are serious about Scrum, continuous deployment and continuous integration. Insights gained for real customer experiences help us continuously improve their online experience and optimize our partner integrations.
We are an agile team that has proven to be fully equipped to deal with the recent major shift in working structure and environment, meaning we can support remote or part-remote working and trust our colleagues to take ownership for their role. Therefore we encourage flexibility and finding a working structure that fits for both you and the team.
Who are you?
You are someone that is passionate about building great software and inspiring others to do the same. Understanding the significance of the 12-factor app in relation to software-as-a-service and knowing that DevOps is a mindset – not a team name. Leading by example comes naturally, motivating your team to keep up with your pace.
We think you’ll need
- A proven track record developing SOAP and/or REST interfaces
- Demonstrable optimisation, profiling, testing and refactoring skills
- Excellent communicator & fluent in English
- It would advantageous if you have:
- Working experience with TypeScript, AngularJS/React, Node.js, C#, Azure or AWS
- Experience in Agile development methodologies (XP, Scrum, Kanban)
- Understanding of messaging technologies like RabbitMQ and document DB’s like MongoDB
What will you be doing here?
- Leading a team of engineers responsible for developing the cross-platform middle-layer and library components that allows us to seamlessly interface with our partners
- Delivering optimised web based front end interfaces for both internal and external customers
- Subject matter expert for your area in both internally and with partners interacting with Liberis
- Be a key contributor to the architectural governance to ensure efficiency and scalability
- Act as mentor & guide to the engineers in your team, setting the example not only in in work ethic, but also in delivering world-class software
- Working closely with the Head of Engineering to continuously improve the delivery pipeline
What can we offer you?
We are committed to creating an open, supportive and flexible work environment that provides our employees access to industry-leading opportunity. We are proud to have been recognised by Great Place To Work as one of the UK’s Best (Medium) Workplaces, as well as the 3rd Best (Medium) Workplace For Women and a centre of Excellence For Wellbeing. We are a values-driven and culturally diverse community and we welcome applications from all candidates irrespective of gender, race, age, sexual-orientation or background.
We are passionate about empowering our people to make a real difference for our customers and for their own careers. We run a variety of initiatives to support our employees’ development from lunch and learn sessions to peer mentoring and formal training courses.
- Company wellbeing programme – running club, nutritionist sessions, free fruit and healthy snacks, mental health framework
- Health insurance
- Eyecare vouchers
- Flu jabs
- Company pension scheme
- Life insurance
- Performance related bonus
- Financial wellbeing initiatives
- Salary sacrifice schemes for Cycle to Work and Technology purchases
- Season Ticket Loan
- Charitable giving
- Generous holiday entitlement including an extra 3 days holiday to cover the Christmas period
- Flexible working
- Team away days
- Regular company socials