Lexion is a fast-growing, fun, venture-backed startup founded at the Allen Institute for Artificial Intelligence. We raised our Series B in April 2023, backed by Point72 Ventures and Citi Ventures, and we’re on a mission to help every team get deals done faster.
Our team is made up of world-class NLP experts, seasoned large-scale product builders, and veterans of Amazon, Google, Facebook, Microsoft, and SurveyMonkey. AI investors (including A16Z, Sequoia, and Goldman Sachs) voted Lexion as one of the top 40 Intelligent Applications to watch in 2022—and we’re trusted by brands like Outreach, OfferUp, Brooks Running, BlueNile and more.
In this role, you’ll have the chance to be an early member of the Lexion team, build category-defining products, and make a real impact in tech.
Lexion is hiring Seattle-based Senior Machine Learning Infrastructure Engineer to join our team! We’re looking for folks with a growth mindset, who love to solve challenging problems, and want to have an impact on how businesses operate. As a member of our team, you will be responsible for developing core infrastructure to serve and train the natural language processing stack that powers our product.
Our machine learning stack is built on top of PyTorch, GPT, and Pinecone and our models are using state of the art NLP research to achieve the accuracy and speed that our product demands. As an early member of the team, you will work cross-functionally with our data science and product teams to bring cutting edge machine learning, including Generative AI applications, into the hands of users. You will be responsible for our machine learning pipeline, from data to inference, as well as the product integration.
In this role you will:
- Fine-tune LLMs to power document understanding.
- Design, build and deploy systems across clouds.
- Conduct prompt engineering and rigorously evaluate the results.
- Write directly user-facing AI features to improve our contract management system.
- Mentor junior engineers on software engineering and system design.
What we look for:
- Proficiency in Python, C#, Java, or similar languages
- Experience in developing backend systems
- Experience with load balancers, web servers, data stores and distributed queues
- Experience with Docker and shipping products in cloud environments
- Understanding of machine learning and natural language processing
- Solid grasp of computer science, algorithms and data structures
- 5+ years of experience as a machine learning infrastructure engineer
- 3+ years of experiencing working with large scale data projects
- A bachelor’s or master’s degree in computer science or a similar field
- Adaptable, humble, and interested in making an impact
- Bonus: Experience working with vector databases
- Bonus: Experience working on user-facing AI centric products
- Bonus: Experience working with LLMs and Generative AI applications
- Bonus: Experience using and configuring workflow systems like Airflow
- Bonus: Experience with search technologies (e.g. Solr, ElasticSearch, Lucene)
(And a note to those of you who read this far and are worried you might not be qualified. Apply anyway. You might be just the person we're looking for.)
What we offer:
- A fast-paced, inclusive and collaborative environment
- Medical, dental and vision coverage
- 401(k) with company matching
- Unlimited PTO
- Paid parental leave
- Salary range: $155,000 - $205,000 plus bonus
Lexion is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. You may view the related Know Your Rights compliance poster and the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision by clicking on their corresponding links.