LevelTen seeks a passionate and motivated individual to contribute to the company’s growing data analysis efforts. In this role, you will be responsible for facilitating the integration, improvement, and maintenance of LevelTen’s global renewable energy analytics platform. You will work collaboratively with the Director of Technical Sales, other members of the Analytics team, and the Product and Engineering teams to ensure analyses are accurate and of the highest standards. This position may also require the creation of ad hoc, custom analyses for customers utilizing LevelTen’s data warehouse and other data as required. Your efforts will play a key role helping LevelTen create next-generation technology products. While we prefer this candidate to be based out of our Seattle headquarters, we will consider exceptional candidates in other regions.
Duties and Responsibilities
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Maintaining a thorough understanding of LevelTen’s contract valuation and risk assessment methodologies, including solar, wind, storage, and potentially other technologies as they become relevant. Relevant knowledge will span:
- Financial concepts — e.g., Contracts for differences, discounted cashflow analysis, value at risk.
- Wholesale energy markets — Structure and composition of energy markets, how and why energy is priced the way it is.
- Renewable energy technology — Factors that impact solar project output, wind turbine power curves, storage value, etc.
- Maintaining subject matter expertise in the management and integration of data vendor packages.
- Collaborating across teams in the resolution of data and analytical queries.
- Assisting the software team in buildout of automated analytics.
- Performing ad hoc scenario analysis as requested by customers.
- Direct interactions with customers, including corporate energy buyers and LevelTen advisor partners.
The ideal candidate will have:
- 4-5 years of experience working in the energy/utility industry. Renewables, sustainability or clean-tech experience is a plus.
- An understanding of energy markets.
- A bachelor’s degree in a STEM or finance/economics area of study.
- An excellent statistical skillset.
- Experience with SQL queries.
- Strong Excel skills.
- Coding experience with an emphasis on Python is a plus.
- Tableau experience is a plus.
- Intellectual curiosity and a commitment to building groundbreaking new products with a keen attention to detail.
- Exceptional ability to work productively in a team setting.
- A natural bias for action and an ability to operate independently.
- The highest level of integrity and professionalism.
This salaried, full-time position preferably based in LevelTen Energy’s Seattle office. All LevelTen staff will continue to work 100% remotely until the Covid crisis abates.