Open to Chicago-Area Candidates Who Can Be Onsite One Day a Week
Level Ex is looking for an IT Systems Manager to join our team reporting to the Chief Financial Officer and Director of IT.
What You'll Do
- Responsibilities include maintaining networks and network file systems; upgrading, installing, and configuring application software and hardware
- Ensure the efficiency, stability, security, and accessibility of all IT infrastructure
- Performing and documenting regular security tests and security monitoring
- Create and improve IT Security processes and provide reports
- Manage contracts with vendors (e.g., development platforms, telecommunication companies, password managers) and software licenses
- Lead projects in consideration of project management skills facing time, budget and resource optimization
- Continuously search for innovative ideas and possible improvements of existing systems and strategies for the current system state, functionality and stability
- Provide strong coordination and communication with IT systems stakeholders
- Report systems status regularly and keep management informed about critical situations and decisions
- Provide ideas and innovations for improving current processes
- Define and maintain the software level of all server systems
- Maintain and update documentation for all relevant software and hardware systems
- Responsible for managing, defining and maintaining IT service list, its data quality and the appropriate workflow design
- Responsible for strategic development, managing, maintaining and administrating virtualization infrastructure
- Responsible for maintaining and administrating hardware monitoring platform and appropriate alerting
- Responsible for managing, maintaining and administrating software inventory, deployment and patch management
- Troubleshoot escalated issues and outages
- Ensure security through access controls, backups, and firewalls
What You'll Bring
- The right candidate will be someone with a proven track record of being a hands-on leader that has aligned a company's IT strategy with the business needs while also being budget conscious and focusing on the highest quality results
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant IT experience
- 2 years of management/leadership experience
- Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills
- Excellent understanding of computer systems, networks, databases, and cloud resources
- Previous work experience in completing complex vendor security questionnaires
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required
Benefits & Perks
- Multiple health insurance plans with 100% company-paid premiums
- 401(k) with generous company-paid match
- Family-friendly benefits; 4 weeks of PTO, 2 weeks of company holidays, dental, vision, optional pet insurance, and more!
- Remote-friendly events ie. board games tabletop simulator, Jackbox Games, DEI events, game jams, virtual happy hours
For the fastest consideration please send us your resume along with an optional cover letter. Meet some of our incredible team here, and learn why you'll enjoy our company and culture - Video: Why Join Level Ex.
About Level Ex
Level Ex is the world's only medical video game studio. We bring together the best minds across healthcare and interactive entertainment to accelerate the adoption of new skills and treatments in medicine. Using the Neuroscience of Play, our mobile games, medical simulation technology, game mechanics, and cloud-gaming platform engage hundreds of thousands of medical professionals and empower the top healthcare companies, societies, and organizations like NASA.
Level Ex is the collective sum of all our individual experiences, backgrounds, and influences and we pride ourselves in growing and learning together. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to building an inclusive and diverse environment where everyone's individuality is respected, and everyone has an Identity. Our commitment to inclusion across race, gender, age, religion, identity, and experience drives us forward every day.
No Agency or Recruiter submissions will be accepted.
Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job.