Open to Long-Term Remote For U.S.-Based Candidates
Level Ex is a fast-growing technology company that crafts games and applications for medical professionals. Our games are altering the world - we need your help to deliver them! Using the highest standards of game design and custom game mechanics, we employ groundbreaking graphics and physics technology to guide physician and medical technology adoptions and concepts to a worldwide audience. We have built out a virtual anatomy with custom-built GPU-based fluids, tissues, and soft-body systems.
We are looking for a Release Manager that can guide our game releases. You will work directly with rest of the Production team, Project Leads, Engineers, and QA to implement and improve the process for releasing content updates and new releases. You will lead coordinating release lifecycle execution (schedules, running ship room) across multiple applications across multiple portfolios. You can gracefully balance schedule needs with creative goals and push for quality and new ideas all while managing a compliant, sustainable release process.
What You'll Do
- Work with Production and test to validate MLR and certification requirements during development to ensure successful releases of final builds.
- Ensure teams and products comply with release requirements (internal and external) for all game releases and updates.
- Guide pre-release builds flighting and access management.
- Work with engineers to understand impacts of branches and code merges.
- Maintain a release schedule for all important services and ensure agreement across the Product Team.
- Configure storefront game releases, store pages and products in platform publishing portals.
- Provide regular status on the state of releases, risks, and mitigations.
- Manage release notifications across the company, including major releases, fast follows, and patch notifications.
What You'll Bring
- Professional experience working as a Release Manager, LiveOps producer, or in a role with a similar pace and technical background.
- An understanding and practical application of standard release process(s), Agile methodologies, and technical capabilities.
- High degree empathy towards knowing how best to communicate technical issues to leadership. You understand, track, and ensure that release data is 100% accurate.
- Experience with development tools such as JIRA, Confluence, Perforce management (or other build management systems).
Bonus Points For
- Experience with DevOps processes such as Continuous Integration and Delivery (CI/CD), OpsGenie, automated testing procedures, and branch management for multiple P4 integrated streams.
- Experience shipping games. You have experience 2+ years of experience shipping games through two product cycles as a Release Manager or Producer.
- Prior experience in cloud operations management with a geographically dispersed team.
- A passion for games!
Benefits & Perks
- Multiple health insurance plans with 100% company-paid premiums
- 401(k) with generous company-paid match
- 100% remote for all U.S. employees
- Family-friendly benefits; 4 weeks of PTO, 2 weeks of company holidays, dental, vision, optional pet insurance, and more!
- Monthly snack allowance sent to your home - or choose a snack pack instead
- Remote-friendly events ie. board games tabletop simulator, Jackbox Games, DEI events, game jams, virtual happy hours
For the fastest consideration please send us your resume along with an optional cover letter. Meet some of our incredible team here, and learn why you'll enjoy our company and culture - Video: Why Join Level Ex.
About Level Ex
Level Ex is a fast-growing game studio that creates video games for doctors.
Our games feature thrilling medical cases built with the highest standards of game design and deliberate game mechanics. They also employ state-of-the-art graphics and physics technology, supported by the latest generation tech, allowing us to craft breathtaking virtual anatomy: custom-built GPU-based fluids, tissues, and soft-body systems that look and react like the real deal.
We attract top artists, engineers, designers, and others from prominent gaming franchises, like Mortal Kombat, League of Legends, Magic: the Gathering, Call of Duty, Walking Dead, and Star Wars. Our caliber of talent keeps us in the forefront of the industry: GDC ranked our game design talk #2 of 194 for sponsored sessions in 2019, and we earned 2nd place at SIGGRAPH Real-Time Live! 2019, sharing the stage with Epic, Unity, Digital Domain, and others.
Level Ex is the collective sum of all our individual experiences, backgrounds, and influences and we pride ourselves in growing and learning together. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to building an inclusive and diverse environment where everyone's individuality is respected, and everyone has an Identity. Our commitment to inclusion across race, gender, age, religion, identity, and experience drives us forward every day.
No Agency or Recruiter submissions will be accepted.
Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job.