Open to Long-Term Remote For U.S.-Based Candidates
Level Ex is seeking an Engineering Manager to join our team. In this key role, you'll head up our Virtual Training Guides platform, managing a small team of engineers delivering interactive, fun experiences to help health care professionals learn about new medical devices, procedures, and techniques.
What You'll Be Doing with Us
- Leading technical improvements for our virtual technique guide platform
- Mentoring and managing engineers, participating in code and architecture reviews
- Building compelling, interactive experiences, delivered on our streaming platform
- Working closely with producers, designers, artists, and medical specialists
- Working with Unity, incorporating advanced physics, and pushing the limits of the renderer
- Immersing yourself in the technologies that drive the platform
- Using analytics and data to drive decisions and improve the efficiency and performance of our platform
- Optimizing and troubleshooting the platform's performance
- Working closely with our CTO and other Engineering leadership
Who We Want To Meet
- Minimum of 8+ years of experience working in a game development studio or professional software development environment
- Proven experience managing and mentoring other software engineers
- Minimum 3+ years experience in Unity3D
- Fluency in C#
- Passion for development, architecture, and system design
- Excellent problem-solving and debugging skills
- Great judgment for balancing features, quality, time, and performance
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent combination of education and experience
Bonus Points For Experience In
- Published games
- Mobile and PC development experience
- Graphics and shaders (Metal / Vulkan / HLSL)
- Art tools and pipelines (Houdini / Maya / Photoshop)
Benefits & Perks
- Multiple health insurance plans with 100% company-paid premiums
- 401(k) with a generous company-paid match
- 100% remote for all U.S. employees
- Family-friendly benefits; Dental, vision, and optional pet insurance, 4 weeks of PTO, 2 weeks of company holidays
- Monthly snack allowance sent to your home
- Remote after-hours team events, like board games tabletop simulator, Jackbox Games, etc.
- DEI events, game jams, virtual happy hours
For the fastest consideration please send us your resume along with an optional cover letter. Meet some of our incredible team here, and learn why you'll enjoy our company and culture - Video: Why Join Level Ex.
About Level Ex
Level Ex is a fast-growing game studio that creates video games for doctors.
Our games feature thrilling medical cases built with the highest standards of game design and deliberate game mechanics. They also employ state-of-the-art graphics and physics technology, supported by the latest generation tech, allowing us to craft breathtaking virtual anatomy: custom-built GPU-based fluids, tissues, and soft-body systems that look and react like the real deal.
We attract top artists, engineers, designers, and others from prominent gaming franchises, like Mortal Kombat, League of Legends, Call of Duty, Walking Dead, and Star Wars. Our caliber of talent keeps us in the forefront of the industry: GDC ranked our game design talk #2 of 194 for sponsored sessions in 2019, and we earned 2nd place at SIGGRAPH Real-Time Live! 2019, sharing the stage with Epic, Unity, Digital Domain, and others.
Level Ex is the collective sum of all our individual experiences, backgrounds, and influences and we pride ourselves in growing and learning together. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to building an inclusive and diverse environment where everyone's individuality is respected, and everyone has an Identity. Our commitment to inclusion across race, gender, age, religion, identity, and experience drives us forward every day.
No Agency or Recruiter submissions will be accepted.
Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job.