Open to Long-Term Remote For U.S.-Based Candidates
Level Ex is seeking a generalist Senior Software Engineer to jour our team. As a Senior Software Engineer, you'll be working closely with other engineers, producers, artists, designers and medical specialists. You will be using Unity to build compelling playable prototypes using advanced graphics, physics, particles and animation technologies. You should be comfortable working on projects end to end or as part of a team. Working here, you'll have the opportunity to establish and grow a new genre in the video game industry.
What You'll Be Doing with Us
- Building game prototypes in Unity
- Taking concepts from rapid prototyping to production development
- Optimizing application performance
- Experimenting with new graphics techniques
- Building realistic simulation models using real time physics, fluids and animations
- Raising our visual fidelity bar on each new project
- Building compelling, interactive experiences
- Taking high level concepts, breaking them down into engineering tasks, defining architecture, building prototypes and prioritizing deliverables
- Mentoring junior engineers, participating in code and architecture reviews
- Building products that target mobile, tablet, PC, Mac, XR as well as our streaming platform
Who We Want To Meet
- Minimum of 6+ years of experience working in a game development studio or professional software development environment
- Deep experience in Unity3D
- Fluency in C#
- Excellent problem solving and debugging skills
- Proficiency with algorithms, design patterns, and data structure design
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Graphics and shader experience (Metal / Vulkan / HLSL)
- Optimization for both CPU and GPU
- Experience with art tools and pipelines (Houdini / Maya / Photoshop)
- Great judgment for balancing features, quality, time and performance
Bonus Points For
- Shipped games
- Multiplayer network experience
- VR / XR development experience
- Mobile development experience
How We Make You Happy
- Multiple health insurance plans with 100% company-paid premiums
- 401(k) with generous company-paid match
- 4 weeks of PTO
- 100% remote for all U.S. employees or ability to work out of our awesome downtown Chicago office if you desire
- Dental and vision insurance
- Pre-tax flex spending and commuter accounts
- Unlimited cold brew and gourmet coffee, kombucha, Bevi sparkling water, and craft beer
- Full kitchen and food options including breakfast, and both healthy and comfort snacks
- Team after-hours events, like Board Game Night
For the fastest consideration please send us your resume along with an optional cover letter. Meet some of our incredible team here, and learn why you'll enjoy our company and culture - Video: Why Join Level Ex.
About Level Ex
Level Ex is a fast-growing game studio that creates video games for doctors.
Our games feature thrilling medical cases built with the highest standards of game design and deliberate game mechanics. They also employ state-of-the-art graphics and physics technology, supported by the latest generation tech, allowing us to craft breathtaking virtual anatomy: custom-built GPU-based fluids, tissues, and soft-body systems that look and react like the real deal.
We attract top artists, engineers, designers, and others from prominent gaming franchises, like Mortal Kombat, League of Legends, Call of Duty, Walking Dead, and Star Wars. Our caliber of talent keeps us in the forefront of the industry: GDC ranked our game design talk #2 of 194 for sponsored sessions in 2019, and we earned 2nd place at SIGGRAPH Real-Time Live! 2019, sharing the stage with Epic, Unity, Digital Domain, and others.
Level Ex is the collective sum of all our individual experiences, backgrounds, and influences and we pride ourselves in growing and learning together. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to building an inclusive and diverse environment where everyone's individuality is respected, and everyone has an Identity. Our commitment to inclusion across race, gender, age, religion, identity, and experience drives us forward every day.
No Agency or Recruiter submissions will be accepted.
Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job.