Harnessing video game tech to advance the practice of medicine through play.
Our games feature thrilling medical cases built with the highest standards of game design and deliberate game mechanics. They also employ state-of-the-art graphics and physics technology, supported by the latest generation tech, allowing us to craft breathtaking virtual anatomy: custom-built GPU-based fluids, tissues, and soft-body systems that look and react like the real deal.
We attract top artists, engineers, designers, and others from prominent gaming franchises, like Mortal Kombat, League of Legends, Call of Duty, Walking Dead, and Star Wars. Our caliber of talent keeps us in the forefront of the industry: GDC ranked our game design talk #2 of 194 in 2019, and we earned 2nd place at SIGGRAPH Real-Time Live! 2019, sharing the stage with Epic, Unity, NVidia, Digital Domain, and others. Meet some of our incredible team here, and learn why you’ll enjoy our company and culture - Video: Why Join Level Ex?
We’re looking for a talented, experienced Texture/Material Artist to join our team.
As a Texture/ Material Artist, you will be responsible for generating a variety of procedural skin conditions that can be rendered and showcased in a variety of ways.
What You’ll Be Doing with Us
- Create high quality procedural skin conditions based using Substance Designer
- Create and organize a library of skin condition materials
- Collaborate with Medical professionals to create a variety of unique parameters
- Work with the Lead 3D Artist and Art Director to present and render skin conditions on a variety of anatomical meshes
- Work with technical artists to prototype a variety of pipelines and advanced shaders
Who We Want To Meet
- Minimum of 3+ years of professional game industry development experience
- Minimum of 3+ years of experience working as a Material Artist
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Expert skills in Substance Designer / Painter
- Able to manage and organize work in order to meet deadlines
- Experience using 3D content creation tools such as Maya, ZBrush, and Substance
Bonus Points For
- Excitement around anatomy
- Eagerness to try new things and face new challenges
For the fastest consideration please send a resume *including* a link to your portfolio. We look forward to hearing from you and exploring the possibilities.
Level Ex is the collective sum of all our individual experiences, backgrounds, and influences and we pride ourselves in growing and learning together. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to building an inclusive and diverse environment where everyone’s individuality is respected, and everyone has an Identity. Our commitment to inclusion across race, gender, age, religion, identity, and experience drives us forward every day.
No Agency or Recruiter submissions will be accepted.
Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job.