Level Ex is transforming the way medical professionals hone their skills by practicing high-risk procedures and earning training credit with the latest medical devices and diagnostic treatments in our industry-leading 3D mobile games. In less than four years, Level Ex has exponentially grown, hiring top talent from the video games industry, the digital health ecosystem, and leading medical institutions. Our clients include top 20 pharmaceutical, biotech, and medical device companies including Baxter, Pfizer, Merck, and Medtronic, as well as leading medical associations.
We are looking for an experienced Director of IT to be part of our Operations team to be a hands-on leader that will work cross-functionally to develop and execute an IT strategy that not only meets current needs of the business, but also positions Level Ex for continued growth. The right candidate will be someone with a proven track record of being a hands-on leader that has aligned a company’s IT strategy with the business needs while also being budget conscious and focusing on the highest quality results.
What You’ll Be Doing with Us
- Working closely with the CTO, CEO and CFO to align on and execute a roadmap
- Managing, mentoring, and growing a team of IT engineers responsible for internal support and development of crucial technical infrastructure
- Owning, implementing, updating, and evolving our security policy
- Coordinating with our parent company, Brainlab, to align key systems, software, processes, tools and standards
- Developing, managing, tracking a quarterly budget for IT
- Helping increase the efficiency and productivity of our employees through innovative technology offerings
- Protecting our internal data and managing client data with multiple levels of confidentiality and privacy
- Prioritizing relevant projects by gathering input and requirements, driving consensus, and streamlining communication between stakeholders
- Evaluating hardware, software, technologies, and systems
- Managing relationships with vendors, providers, and contractors
- Using analytics, metrics, and dashboards to monitor key business systems for performance, security, and failures
Who We Want To Meet
- Bachelor’s Degree (Computer Science, Information Systems, or other technology-related field is highly preferred)
- Minimum of 10+ years of relevant IT experience
- 2+ years of management/leadership experience
- Previous experience in a highly-regulated industry preferred
- Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills
- Excellent understanding of computer systems, networks, databases, and cloud resources
Bonus Points For
- Previous work experience in completing complex vendor security questionnaires
- Previous experience working at either a video game company or at a medical company, such as medical device or pharmaceutical
Benefits & Perks
- Multiple health insurance plans with 100% company-paid premiums
- 401(k) with generous company-paid match
- 4 weeks of accrued PTO
- 100% remote for all U.S. employees or ability to work out of our awesome downtown Chicago office if you desire
- Dental and vision insurance
- Pre-tax flex spending and commuter accounts
- Unlimited cold brew and gourmet coffee, kombucha, Bevi sparkling water, and craft beer
- Full kitchen and food options including breakfast, and both healthy and comfort snacks
- Team after-hours events, like Board Game Night
Please send us your resume along with an optional cover letter detailing why you’re an excellent fit using the links below. We look forward to hearing from you and exploring the possibilities.
Level Ex is the collective sum of all our individual experiences, backgrounds, and influences and we pride ourselves in growing and learning together. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to building an inclusive and diverse environment where everyone’s individuality is respected, and everyone has an Identity. Our commitment to inclusion across race, gender, age, religion, identity, and experience drives us forward every day.
No Agency or Recruiter submissions will be accepted.
Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job.