Level Ex uses cutting-edge video game technology and design to advance the practice of medicine. Over the years, we’ve partnered with NASA/TRISH to utilize this technology to train astronauts for upcoming deep space missions. We’ve worked with leading medical societies including The American Society of Anesthesiologists and The American Heart Association to build CME-accredited games that disseminate the latest guidelines and best practices to tens of thousands of medical professionals. Level Ex has also received a series of directed grants to help prepare frontline medical workers to deal with the unique challenges presented by COVID.
This is just the beginning. We are looking for a Director of Grants and Strategic Partnerships to lead this effort going forward and expand our work with foundations, hospital systems, government agencies, medical societies, and beyond.
This is a unique opportunity to unleash an arsenal of supremely effective and novel solutions to some of the biggest challenges in healthcare. As Director of Grants and Strategic Partnerships, you will become deeply familiar with Level Ex’s capabilities and products: From cloud-gaming platforms that allow multiple people to treat virtual patients over Zoom to ultra-realistic simulation technology, to puzzle games that capture the unique challenges of rare-disease diagnosis. From there, you will find applications of this technology to fill critical needs - and secure the funding to make it happen.
This position is responsible for researching, writing, tracking, reporting, and acknowledgment of these opportunities. This position works closely with Level Ex’s diverse team of experts across multiple industries: medical research, art, engineering, and video game design to develop proposals and win new business.
- Research potential grant opportunities to determine appropriate match, priority, and likelihood of award
- Collaborate with key Level Ex staff to determine funding priorities, proposal outcomes, project activities, and data to support grant requests
- Write and/or edit grant proposal narrative, and collect/prepare supporting documents.
- Identify and coordinate with third-party partners to increase the likelihood of successful outcomes
- Coordinate the completion of grant budget with Level Ex Production and Tech teams, and when appropriate, prepare a draft budget for review
- Ensure all grant proposals have been reviewed and edited by appropriate staff
- Submit complete, timely, accurate, professionally-prepared grant requests.
- Track status of all grant proposals, total funds requested from all sources, for what purpose, the amount awarded and denied, deadlines, and reporting requirements.
- Drive renewal and expansion of existing grants
- Screen incoming invitations and opportunities for partnership and collaboration with other community agencies, groups, or initiatives to assess alignment with Level Ex mission and goals, capacity, and feasibility.
- Initiate and/or participate in the community, regional, or statewide meetings and groups related to Level Ex’s mission and programs to identify opportunities for collaboration, partnership, and/or funding
- Coordinate the management of ongoing relationships with existing partners and leverage those relationships to maximize effectiveness and impact
- Conceptualize new strategic initiatives that could be built around or benefit from partnerships with corporate, foundations, governments, or other healthcare organizations
- Lead outreach to new potential partners around existing products and future initiatives
- Develop systems and procedures in support of the identification, engagement, development, and cultivation of strategic partnerships
- Develop and manage reporting and financial tracking of strategic partnership activities
- Minimum of 10 years of relevant experience, with a minimum of 5 years in healthcare grants and partnerships management and/or execution
- Experience in working with grants or partnerships for a technology company is a plus
- Good understanding of donor rules and regulations, including for federal government grants
- Experience in donor relations and grants management
- Skills and experience in report and proposal writing
- Good personal organizational skills including time management and the ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational and team working skills
Benefits & Perks
- Multiple health insurance plans with 100% company-paid premiums
- 401(k) with generous company-paid match
- 4 weeks of PTO
- 100% remote for all U.S. employees or ability to work out of our awesome downtown Chicago office if you desire
- Dental and vision insurance
- Pre-tax flex spending and commuter accounts
- Unlimited cold brew and gourmet coffee, kombucha, Bevi sparkling water, and craft beer
- Full kitchen and food options including breakfast, and both healthy and comfort snacks
- Team after-hours events, like Board Game Night
Please send us your resume along with an optional cover letter detailing why you’re an excellent fit using the links below. We look forward to hearing from you and exploring the possibilities.
Level Ex is the collective sum of all our individual experiences, backgrounds, and influences and we pride ourselves in growing and learning together. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to building an inclusive and diverse environment where everyone’s individuality is respected, and everyone has an Identity. Our commitment to inclusion across race, gender, age, religion, identity, and experience drives us forward every day.
No Agency or Recruiter submissions will be accepted.
Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job.