Open to Long-Term Remote For U.S.-Based Candidates
Industry leading experts. Revolutionary technology. Transforming lives.
Level Ex is a fast-growing games studio with a mission to advance the practice of medicine through play. We make video games…. for doctors. Our team of games industry veterans use the latest engine tech and art tools combined with game mechanics that span almost every consumer game genre - to capture the challenges of the practice of medicine as video games.
We’re now looking for a confident, passionate Executive Producer - Software to join our growing team. You’ll be working closely with the CEO and other members of the Executive Leadership Team to manage and lead the operations of the Production team. As the EP, you’ll be responsible to lead the group to reach its goals by ensuring software development runs smoothly, all members are achieving their potential, and everyone is focused on the right work. Drawing from your deep software project management experience, you’ll be wholly responsible for the timely delivery of high-quality, live mobile games and web experiences played throughout the world.
What You’ll Be Doing With Us:
- Collaborate, build, and execute a product roadmap and development schedule partnering with Product Management, Design, Engineering, Art, Sales, Client Experience, Finance, Medical, and other departments
- Develop production processes and methodologies that both create effective scoping capabilities & ensure team members are able to effectively drive both internal and client facing projects on time and within budget delivery
- Foster and grow a versatile, resilient, and high-functioning Production team that embraces accountability, seeks opportunities to maximize their potential, and takes pride in their accomplishments
- Build an effective partnership with the Executive Leadership Team and establish trust and credibility with the studio’s department leads and key staff
- Partner with the Product Management, Client Experience and Sales teams on pitches, RFP responses, and contract negotiations, including direct interactions with clients, if needed
- Manage and oversee all aspects of the Production team’s Agile workflow, including sprint planning, daily stand-ups, backlog grooming, progress reports, sprint and milestone reviews, retrospectives, and feature prioritization
- Utilize fluency in both game production and ‘game illiterate’ client-facing solution development across a single project
- Maintain a high ‘say / do’ ratio for all production dates & deliverables
- Set goals and priorities so the Production team is focused on the most critical items: filter issues based on a clear understanding of project strategies and objectives
- Report status at regular intervals to others in the Executive Leadership Team and escalate urgent issues promptly
- Proactively identify, prioritize, triage and resolve production issues as they arise, in consultation with other department leads
- Solve Production challenges of all types as they arise, balance priorities, and find creative and efficient solutions that achieve results
- Make process improvements and lead new ways of thinking to reduce inefficiency and increase productivity
- Identify financial risks and work to mitigate them before they become a problem
- Be responsible for mentorship, evaluations, conflict resolution and recognition of the Production team to maintain highly-motivated and engaged team members
- Oversee the Quality Assurance schedule working closely with the QA Lead to meet key milestones
- Coordinate and partner with Operations departments such as Finance, HR, Recruiting, IT, and Facilities to ensure operational success and communication
Who We Want To Meet:
- Minimum of 12+ years of experience in Production and/or traditional software development, including 5+ years as a Senior Producer or Project Manager level, or above
- Shipped at least 4 or more games or applications working in Production or Project Management through their entire lifecycle
- Experienced software development leader with thorough knowledge of a variety of business models, strategies, and approaches, including internal development, outsourcing, games as a service, free-to-play, and ideally, browser-based games
- Experience building high functioning, quality-driven, no-nonsense teams that deliver outstanding results
- Deep knowledge of game development - common development hurdles, team dynamics, game engines, and technology, middleware, development milestone definitions, production process and methodology, QA, and outsourcing
- Ability to prioritize and handle numerous discrete, highly varied tasks at once without losing focus or dropping the ball on any critical individual items
- Excellent verbal and written communication along with presentation skills
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience is required
- Desire to work and support a diverse and inclusive environment
Bonus Points For:
- Experience working in Kanban using iterative software development methodologies
- MBA or other graduate degree in business, marketing, economics or a related field
- Production experience in a Unity3D game engine environment
- Scrum and Agile certifications
- Experience with medical or enterprise software applications
- Degree in a medical or science-related field
Benefits & Perks:
- Multiple health insurance plans with 100% company-paid premiums
- 401(k) with generous company-paid match
- 4 weeks of PTO
- 100% remote for all U.S. employees or ability to work out of our awesome downtown Chicago office if you desire
- Dental and vision insurance
- Pre-tax flex spending and commuter accounts
- Unlimited cold brew and gourmet coffee, kombucha, Bevi sparkling water, and craft beer
- Full kitchen and food options including breakfast, and both healthy and comfort snacks
- Team after-hours events, like Board Game Night
Please send us your resume along with an optional cover letter detailing why you’re an excellent fit using the links below. We look forward to hearing from you and exploring the possibilities.
Level Ex is the collective sum of all our individual experiences, backgrounds, and influences and we pride ourselves in growing and learning together. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to building an inclusive and diverse environment where everyone’s individuality is respected, and everyone has an Identity. Our commitment to inclusion across race, gender, age, religion, identity, and experience drives us forward every day.
No Agency or Recruiter submissions will be accepted.
Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job.