Open to Long-Term Remote For U.S.-Based Candidates
Level Ex is a fast-growing game studio that creates video games for doctors.
Our games feature thrilling medical cases built with the highest standards of game design and deliberate game mechanics. They also employ state-of-the-art graphics and physics technology, supported by the latest generation tech, allowing us to craft breathtaking virtual anatomy: custom-built GPU-based fluids, tissues, and soft-body systems that look and react like the real deal.
We attract top artists, engineers, designers, and others from prominent gaming franchises, like Mortal Kombat, League of Legends, Call of Duty, Walking Dead, and Star Wars. Our caliber of talent keeps us in the forefront of the industry: GDC ranked our game design talk #2 of 194 for sponsored sessions in 2019, and we earned 2nd place at SIGGRAPH Real-Time Live! 2019, sharing the stage with Epic, Unity, Digital Domain, and others. Meet some of our incredible team here, and learn why you’ll enjoy our company and culture - Video: Why Join Level Ex?
We’re now looking for an experienced Lead UI Designer to join our growing team. You’ll be working closely with the UI Director as a key member of the 2D Art department.
What You’ll Be Doing With Us:
- Work closely with our UI Director, Art Director, and Design Director, to set and maintain visual excellence in our UI and 2D presentation
- Help champion the UI vision and communicate it to the team
- Give feedback and direction to UI Designers about generated work
- Track multiple projects and work with production to plan the short and long term goals
- Mentor Junior designers with an eye towards their personal development
- Conduct 1-on-1’s, team meetings, and monitor performance
- Help in the creation and maintenance of design systems
- Facilitate and coordinate communication between team members and with other disciplines
- Present new concepts and designs to upper management
- Offer UI solutions when appropriate in collaboration with UX Design
- Create animations that help convey expected tempo and movement for celebrations, transitions, and micro-animations
- Coordinate with outsourced talent when necessary
Who We Want To Meet:
- Minimum of 8+ years of professional experience working in console or mobile games development with at least 3 years in a Senior or Lead position
- At least two full development cycles with two or more shipped games or mobile apps
- Demonstrable experience with Adobe CC design tools (Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects)
- Experience with screen layout in Figma, Sketch, or Adobe XD
- Experience developing in one or more industry-standard game engines
- An understanding of UX design principles and how they apply to UI
- Portfolio demonstrating excellent design foundation, typography, compositional, and layout skills
Bonus Points For:
- Experience working specifically in the Unity game engine and shipped one or more games or mobile apps
- Experience creating visual effects and/or scripting in Unity
- Prototyping experience
- Motion graphics experience
- Illustration experience
Benefits & Perks:
- Multiple health insurance plans with 100% company-paid premiums
- 401(k) with generous company-paid match
- 4 weeks of PTO
- 100% remote for all U.S. employees or ability to work out of our awesome downtown Chicago office if you desire
- Dental and vision insurance
- Pre-tax flex spending and commuter accounts
- Unlimited cold brew and gourmet coffee, kombucha, Bevi sparkling water, and craft beer
- Full kitchen and food options including breakfast, and both healthy and comfort snacks
- Team after-hours events, like Board Game Night
Please send us your resume *including* a link to your online UI portfolio. We look forward to hearing from you and exploring the possibilities.
Level Ex is the collective sum of all our individual experiences, backgrounds, and influences and we pride ourselves in growing and learning together. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to building an inclusive and diverse environment where everyone’s individuality is respected, and everyone has an Identity. Our commitment to inclusion across race, gender, age, religion, identity, and experience drives us forward every day.
No Agency or Recruiter submissions will be accepted.
Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job.