Open to Long-Term Remote For U.S.-Based Candidates
Note: This is a UI and not a UX or hybrid role.
Level Ex is looking for a Lead UI Designer to join our team reporting to the UI Director. You'll manage several UI Designers and be an important member of the UI department.
What You'll Be Doing With Us:
- Work with our UI Director, Art Director, and Design Director, to set and maintain visual excellence in our UI and 2D presentation.
- Help promote the UI vision and communicate it with the team.
- Give feedback and direction on visual design, animation, and technical implementation.
- Work with production to plan the short- and long-term goals.
- Mentor your direct reports with an eye towards their personal development.
- Conduct 1-on-1's, team meetings, and monitor performance.
- Help in the creation and maintenance of design systems.
- Coordinate and facilitate communication between team members and with other disciplines
- Present new concepts to senior leadership.
- Develop UI solutions to unique problems in collaboration with UX Designers.
Who We Want To Meet:
- Minimum of 6+ years of professional experience working in console or mobile games development with at least 3 years in a Senior or Lead position.
- Two or more shipped console or mobile games.
- Expertise with Adobe CC design tools; Photoshop, Illustrator, and After Effects.
- Expertise developing in one or more industry-standard game engines.
- Experience with screen layout in Figma, Sketch, or Adobe XD.
- An understanding of UX design principles.
- Portfolio demonstrating excellent design foundation, typography, compositional, and layout skills.
Bonus Points For:
- Experience in the Unity game engine, including VFX or scripting
- Prototyping experience
- Motion graphics or animation experience
- Illustration experience
- Medical or science field experience
Benefits & Perks:
- Multiple health insurance plans with 100% company-paid premiums
- 401(k) with a generous company-paid match
- 100% remote for all U.S. employees
- Family-friendly benefits; Dental, vision, and optional pet insurance, 4 weeks of PTO, 2 weeks of company holidays
- Monthly snack allowance sent to your home
- Remote after-hours team events, like board games tabletop simulator, Jackbox Games, etc.
- DEI events, game jams, virtual happy hours
For the fastest consideration please send us your resume *including* a link to your online UI portfolio. Meet some of our incredible team here, and learn why you'll enjoy our company and culture - Video: Why Join Level Ex. We look forward to hearing from you and exploring the possibilities.
About Level Ex
Level Ex is a fast-growing game studio that creates video games for doctors.
Our games feature thrilling medical cases built with the highest standards of game design and deliberate game mechanics. They also employ state-of-the-art graphics and physics technology, supported by the latest generation tech, allowing us to craft breathtaking virtual anatomy: custom-built GPU-based fluids, tissues, and soft-body systems that look and react like the real deal.
We attract top artists, engineers, designers, and others from prominent gaming franchises, like Mortal Kombat, League of Legends, Call of Duty, Walking Dead, and Star Wars. Our caliber of talent keeps us in the forefront of the industry: GDC ranked our game design talk #2 of 194 for sponsored sessions in 2019, and we earned 2nd place at SIGGRAPH Real-Time Live! 2019, sharing the stage with Epic, Unity, Digital Domain, and others.
Level Ex is the collective sum of all our individual experiences, backgrounds, and influences and we pride ourselves in growing and learning together. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to building an inclusive and diverse environment where everyone's individuality is respected, and everyone has an Identity. Our commitment to inclusion across race, gender, age, religion, identity, and experience drives us forward every day.
No Agency or Recruiter submissions will be accepted.
Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job.