Open to Long-Term Remote For U.S.-Based Candidates
Level Ex is looking for a Senior Game Designer to lead game design efforts on our medical game projects. You bring a record of launching high quality games and a strong vision for the player experience of our products. Reporting to the Game Director, you will be the design lead on multiple projects, representing our core design values with our client partners.
What You'll Do
- Represent the player in all aspects of game design to deliver a compelling gameplay experience for our medical audiences
- Be an ambassador for game design in engagements with clients and partners
- Own and deliver quality game designs on short projects
- Concept, implement, and iterate key gameplay elements and designs
- Work directly with the Creative Director to ensure that the vision is being properly executed and clearly communicated both internally and externally
- Collaborate effectively with a variety of developers, researchers, and medical professionals, incorporating their feedback into exciting gameplay mechanics
- Create and maintain detailed game design documentation
- Mentor other game designers
What You'll Bring
- Minimum of 6+ years of hands-on game design experience working at a professional game studio(s)
- Two or more commercially released games on mobile, PC, or console platforms
- Experience in mobile game development
- Understanding of the psychology of game design, and experience applying those principles in new kinds of designs and game mechanics
- In-depth understanding of game mechanics and player experiences across many genres and audiences
- Drive to identify problems and independently find solutions
- A track record of thoughtful design collaboration
Bonus Points For
- Management and/or mentoring experience
- In-engine Unity3D and/or Unreal Engine experience
- Art or programming experience
- Experience with Educational or Instructional Design
Benefits & Perks
- Multiple health insurance plans with 100% company-paid premiums
- 401(k) with generous company-paid match
- 100% U.S. remote (Chicago area preferred)
- Family-friendly benefits; 4 weeks of PTO, 2 weeks of company holidays, dental, vision, optional pet insurance, and more!
- Monthly snack allowance sent to your home - or choose a snack pack instead
- Remote-friendly events ie. board games tabletop simulator, Jackbox Games, DEI events, game jams, virtual happy hours
For the fastest consideration please send us your resume along with an optional cover letter. Meet some of our incredible team here, and learn why you'll enjoy our company and culture - Video: Why Join Level Ex.
About Level Ex
Level Ex is a fast-growing game studio that creates video games for doctors.
Our games feature thrilling medical cases built with the highest standards of game design and deliberate game mechanics. They also employ state-of-the-art graphics and physics technology, supported by the latest generation tech, allowing us to craft breathtaking virtual anatomy: custom-built GPU-based fluids, tissues, and soft-body systems that look and react like the real deal.
We attract top artists, engineers, designers, and others from prominent gaming franchises, like Mortal Kombat, League of Legends, Call of Duty, Walking Dead, and Star Wars. Our caliber of talent keeps us in the forefront of the industry: GDC ranked our game design talk #2 of 194 for sponsored sessions in 2019, and we earned 2nd place at SIGGRAPH Real-Time Live! 2019, sharing the stage with Epic, Unity, Digital Domain, and others.
Level Ex is the collective sum of all our individual experiences, backgrounds, and influences and we pride ourselves in growing and learning together. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to building an inclusive and diverse environment where everyone's individuality is respected, and everyone has an Identity. Our commitment to inclusion across race, gender, age, religion, identity, and experience drives us forward every day.
No Agency or Recruiter submissions will be accepted.
Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job.