*This is a remote job for candidates within the United States only
Level Ex is a fast-growing game studio that creates video games for doctors.
Our games feature compelling medical cases built with the highest standards of game design and deliberate game mechanics. They employ state-of-the-art graphics and physics technology, supported by the latest generation tech. Allowing us to craft breathtaking virtual anatomy: custom-built GPU-based fluids, tissues, and soft-body systems that look and react like the real deal.
We attract top artists, engineers, and designers from prominent gaming franchises, like Mortal Kombat, League of Legends, Call of Duty, Walking Dead, and Star Wars. Our caliber of talent keeps us at the forefront of the industry: GDC ranked our game design talk #2 of 194 for sponsored sessions in 2019, and we earned 2nd place at SIGGRAPH Real-Time Live! 2019, sharing the stage with Epic, Unity, Digital Domain, and others. Meet some of our incredible team here, and learn why you’ll enjoy our company and culture - Video: Why Join Level Ex?
We’re looking for a talented, experienced Art Outsource Manager to join our team.
As an Art Outsource Manager you will be ensuring art pipelines are followed correctly and meet the quality bar of our art team. You will be using your skills to perform intake on 3D models from a variety of Clients and Partners, organize assets for internal and external production, and coordinate with our external vendors to ensure models are given feedback in a timely manner.
What You’ll Be Doing with Us
- Perform intake, organize, and facilitate the creation of Medical 3D assets for a variety of projects
- Create and organize outsourcing documentation and pipelines for given assets
- Effectively give constructive and clear feedback to outsourcing partners and individual contributors
- Working in Shotgun Software for sharing feedback and Jira for tracking project status
- Collaborate with the Art Director to bring your own ideas and workflows to the team
- Manage project asset lists and ensure assets meet delivery dates
- Investigate new tools, technology, and opportunities to increase art efficiency and output
- Create high quality visual examples to be used as visual targets for a variety of projects
- Look for opportunities to offload internal work to outsource teams and external partners
Who We Want To Meet
- Minimum of 5+ years of experience working with outsource houses and coordinating multiple projects
- Experience as a Mid Level or Senior 3D Artist
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Experience with Unity or an equivalent game engine
- Deep familiarity with industry art pipelines - understanding common problems and solutions for asset creation and flow in games
- Experience creating externally focused documentation, setting deadlines and pivoting when necessary due to schedule or design changes
- Experience using 3D content creation tools such as Maya, ZBrush, and Substance
- Experience in project management tools like Shotgun Software and Jira, along with source control software like Perforce
Bonus Points For
- Excitement around Medical tools and anatomy
- Experience building a wide variety of 3D models from characters to hard surface assets
- Eagerness to try new things and face new challenges
How We Make You Happy
- Multiple health insurance plans with 100% company-paid premiums
- 401(k) with generous company-paid match
- 4 weeks of PTO
- 100% full-time remote until we return to our convenient, downtown Loop location (or 100% remote for non-Chicago area)
- Dental and vision insurance
- Pre-tax flex spending and commuter accounts
- Unlimited cold brew and gourmet coffee, kombucha, Bevi sparkling water, and craft beer
- Full kitchen and food options including breakfast, and both healthy and comfort snacks
- Team after-hours events, like Board Game Night
For the fastest consideration, please send a resume *including* a link to your portfolio. We look forward to hearing from you and exploring the possibilities.
Level Ex is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
No Agency or Recruiter submissions will be accepted.
Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job.